Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Tender Repair FLL
Patrick
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 9:16 PM

I have a 32' and 15' tender that needs paint, fiberglass, and engine repair/maintance work done. We don't have the time to do all of the work ourselves, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to get them done Sept/Oct in FLL?

ratpack
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:18 PM

We used Novurania earlier this year. Whilst they accommodated our tight schedule, the work was very very poor.
MarineDex
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:45 PM

I always though this was the issue with the industry people had work they needed completed and couldn't find the services they where looking for. Well I got a bit fed up and created an online database and directory of marine services called MarineDex, is not quite finished yet but moving along slowly but surely. You can access and contact one of the 5000 companies already in the system or add companies through the referral system, review them so others can benefit in the future and share links them with others. Hopefully you can find what you are looking for on the system otherwise let us know where you are and what work you need down and hopefully we can point you in the right direction.

www.marinedex.com

Captain Andy
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 5:47 PM

In my opinion there is only one EXCELLENT RIB repair shop in FLL: that is Boatworks 84 and Inflatables on State Road 84 - white building opposite Dunkin Donuts as you go westbound. Always professional, accurate with quoations, and they meet tight timelines! We have had our tender, liferafts, EPIRBS and SARTS serviced there for the last few years..... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
MarineDex
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 6:38 PM

Thanks Captain Andy,

I went and referred 84 boatworks to MarineDex for everyone to know where to go next time as well as posted that you recommended them through dockwalk.

Check it out

http://www.marinedex.com/inflatable-boat-services/8928112/

I love this system so much fun refering new companies to the system and helping everyone in the industry.

sean
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 2:14 AM

Avoid Nautica like the plague. Q.C. With them has taken a massive dive.
captainjoei
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:32 AM

Patrick,

Please call Glenn at "Lifeline" about 12 miles south of Ft. Lauderdale. Tell him Capt. Joei from Trimaran Raptor sent you. Its a fun place to see....My raft and Tender are there now. Excellent prices and the very very best.

Have been ripped off so so many times with tenders, rafts... until I found Lifeline. Incredible prices and a great place to see. Bigger than Wal Mart and they do commercial load testing (cool looking rig in there for that). Also jet bikes, outboards, toys toys toys!

Do not use anyone else..really.

Capt. Joei

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:34 AM
84 boatworks sucks...ego maniac and expensive
Captain Andy
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:38 PM

Anonymous, you obviously haven't been around this industry long enough ..... Boatworks are quality people with experience and qualifications! Some of them learnt their trade in the USN! When the brown and smelly hits the fan, I'd rather be sat in a liferaft serviced by one of these guys than an inferior competitor who saved me a hundred bucks!!! LOL
Caymanboy
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:28 PM

Patrick, I am a yacht tender repair facility, specializing in yacht tenders. I would be happy to give you a proposal on your repairs. Here is my website. www.parkeryacht.com Ole Parker

Average 0 out of 5