Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Engineering sea-time
Jase
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 7:37 AM

ENGINEERING SEA-TIME: May someone pls advise me if the sea service document in the MGN 156 is suitable for an engineering stat deck / record of service for MCA ratification, or is there somewhere else that I can find the appropriate qualifying document. thank you.
marineengineering.us
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 11:28 PM

MGN 156 is an MCA issued document. The testimonial within it can be used for recording yacht sea service for engineers. MGN 91 contains sea service testimonials for cadets, ratings and officers both deck and engine in the merchant navy
Chief_John
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:07 PM

MGN 156 Annex B, The Testimonial Pro-Forma, is an appropriate form for documenting your engineering time. I have submitted all my service time to the MCA with this form and have never had an issue. Make sure it gets signed and stamped with the boat's "official" registry.
Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:35 AM
Hey Jase, did you have any luck with the Cayman and Marshall islands and getting an endorsement on the MED 2??? Did that Steve Connelly ever give you the info and contacts for the Marshall islands endorsement...?? if so can you post it here so I can look into it also. Thanks
Lee Smethurst
Posted: Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:23 PM

Just a thought. If you do not have a completed discharge book, you will need to also provide the MCA with discharge certificates (at the back of MGN 123) covering the boats you are claiming sea service for on the testimonial. It took me a while chasing these down retrospectivly.
Jas
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:37 AM

No go with the endorsement on a med 2, they only recognize med1 as a minimum, I think Steve mentioned just to check it out online on their site. Chow and good luck too.

Average 0 out of 5