Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
AV/IT Recognised training courses
nomad
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 10:45 AM

Young engineer looking to specialize in AV/IT. High skills but self taught to date and wanting advice on what courses are recognised by Captains. Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Capt Edward P
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:49 AM

Would suggest a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) qualification and exam, and CompTIA A+, net+, Inet+ - this will give you industry wide and accepted accreditation and you will also know what you are talking about. The Microsoft exams are tough, timed by computer and pass mark is high at 70%. I got 89% and would have got higher but flunked one question just on nerves! There are a few things in the syllabus which I decided were unimportant to me, and guess what, Microsoft tested me on them, hence the 89% !! Good luck Captain Ed

Average 0 out of 5