Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
towels, ordering and embroidery
ciapel
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:32 PM

help! I have just joined a new boat as a second but there is no chief.. We have a charter booked in two weeks and I have just found out that i don't have enough towels to change over the rooms, any advice given about who to order from etc would be gratefully recieved. They all will need to be embroidered with the logo etc.... eep!
tiemtran
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:41 PM

Hi there,

When you get new towels, make sure they are the same brand, color, and etc. Bring the towel with you when you go shopping, ivory and off whites  are endless.  See if the previous steward/ess has a purchase registry somewhere. Bed bath and beyond have some nice towel's for a reasonable price. National marine are great because they will find the right towel's for you and get them embroidered.  If you don't have that option, any uniform store (smallwoods, liquids, etc) will embroider them. You will need a jpg file that contains your logo. Check with your captain to see where you get uniforms, they will probably already have it on file. Pretty exciting stuff. Congrats on the job and good luck!

moralcrusader
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:08 AM

Try Heirlooms: http://www.heirlooms-superyachts.com/superyacht.php
ciapel
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:50 PM

fantastic, i knew this website was the place to go I can't find anything from the previous stew but will pop down to places with a towel and see what they can do
amira
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:10 AM

Just a note; most embroidery machines use a .DST file to read your logo and transfer it onto materials. If you don't have a DST file, it could cost up to $150 to transfer a .jpg into .DST. Check with the Captain if he has that file in his computer or the boat's computer so you don't have to spend that cash to get the file again. If not, you can always contact the place that made the first set of towels and they'll send it to you, even if it's outside the US. If your new supplier embroiders for you, make sure to get a copy of the .DST file for next time. Good luck!

kapt_mark
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:59 PM

if you are buying these towels for a specific charter then think about embroidering the guests names on the towels, they will enjoy the personal thought.

4street
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:05 AM

If you are on the Riviera, Wash and Go now sells towells. The Cabin Shop in Antibes as well.
amurphy@pioneerlinens.com
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:09 AM

When ordering towels, consider the grams (weight of the cotton) of the towels, the laundering facilities on board as well as the number of turnover of the towels being laundered. Also if the towels are being used outdoors and left in the sun for any amount of time you want to make sure the towels are colorfast, nothing is worse than towels losing color after a few uses because they weren't the right towels for the job.
just333
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:19 PM

I recommend Pioneer Linens who have locations in Ft Lauderdale and West palm Beach. http://www.pioneerlinens.com/Home They carry an extensive collection of towels and some great designer brands. What I like about Pioneer is they have a "Yacht Division" which puts them in a different league from all the other suppliers. I have used Pioneer to outfit 4 boats and they have always provided me with high quality towels that LAST!

Average 0 out of 5