Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Boat show
Signe
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:22 PM

Hi all I have recently taken a position as a solo stew on a 31 meter yacht and one of my first challenges is gonna be the Genoa Boat show. I have one seasons experience but have never done a boat show before and not quite sure what to expect. Can anyone give my a run down of a typical day at a boat show? Thanks!
BECKY
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 6:11 PM

I have worked 2 boat shows, Miami & Ft. Lauderdale. I found that the week before the show doing the major cleaning & all the detailing and ordering of flowers was the hard part of it all. The actual boat show week seemed easy to me, there was a lot of standing around waiting for people to come onboard to check out the boat. The typical day for me was starting at 8am cleaning: windows, mirrors, hand rails, door handles, wood walls & day heads (if smudged or used), fluff pillows, dusting, vacuuming, and finish with swiffering floors. Then I put out bowls of nuts, chex party mix & chocolates. Stocked fridge with waters, sodas & 3 kinds of beers. Had coffee & teas ready to be made. I went on other boats at the show & some of them offered cookies or other goodies, so you need to decide what you want to offer. Checked flower arrangements for dead flowers. Put out the yacht pamphlets somewhere by the aft deck door (the yacht broker should bring them by the first morning.) By 10am I or another crew member was standing out on aft deck waiting for people to come onboard. Some people don't have a yacht broker with them & will expect you or another crew member to show them thru the boat & tell them about it. Offer them something to drink. Refill bowls of goodies, restock fridges, and wipe smudges clean & wait for more people. Then continue that routine for the other days. Oh don't forget to walk around the show & go to the crew parties, ENJOY!

Average 0 out of 5