Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
visas for ameican crew traveling to europe to find a yacht job
zach808
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 6:19 PM

aloha, I am an american crew member who will be traveling to europe (france italy and spain specifically) to try to find a job on a super yacht. do i need any work visas to stay for the summer season. i assume i will be given the standard 3 month tourist visa upon entry into the eu but once i have found a job will i be able to work legally? do i need the long stay french visa. what if i will be traveling from country to country on the yacht? any help would be great. mahalo, zach
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 8:53 PM
I believe Americans can travel visa-free for up to 90 days in the Schengen area. Have you thought about getting a Seamans book? Otherwise, you might have to apply for a residence permit in the country you are planning to stay in if it's for a longer time frame. I would check with a local agent to make sure.
Heather Hawthorne
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2012 2:41 PM

I am a US citizen and have been in France for 50 days. I left for Italy for 8 days and I do not know how long I can stay in France. I have been told it is only 90 days in a 180 day period by various people and all the websites seem quite confusing. Does anyone know if you leave the EU or go to the UK, upon re-entry do you get another 90 days? If not, does the time you spent out of the country (in this case 8 days out of France) come "off" the original 90 days or who to talk to about this?

Average 3.5 out of 5