Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Jobs in Fort Lauderdale for deckies?
Wibom
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:03 PM

Hi My name is Gustaf and I am more or less new to the yachting industry looking for work as Deckhand. At the moment I am based in Sweden but considering to relocate to Fort Lauderdale by the end of the upcoming week. I’ve been in contact with agencies and they all talk about the importance of being where the jobs are. I would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me if that place is Fort Lauderdale this time of the year even though it is in the middle of the season? Thanks in advance!
johanrosander
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:24 PM

Hmmm, end of february, from Sweden = EU. MEDITERRANEAN!!!

Liam Lowry
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 3:52 PM

My name is Liam Lowry, and am currently in St Marten looking for work.
I am a Deckhand, with a STCW 95, ENG 1 Medical, Small powerboat & RIB Master and Yacht-hand certificate.
I am new to the industry and have only been in St Martin for a week.
I'm a South African with the following visas; B1 B2, Dutch Antilles and will apply for a seaman's discharge book as soon as I am employed on a boat. I do however need to gain experience through doing day work, so whether you wish to employ me as a member of crew, or for day work I am available immediately. If you wish to look at my Resume I can email mail it to you. My email address is '' liam.lowry@hotmail.com ''.

Andy411
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 4:35 PM

fort lauderdale, miami or west palm beach?

I just got into Fort Lauderdale looking to start dayworking and eventually getting hired as a deckhand. I have stcw, deck course, rya radio, rya powerboat, eng 1 as well as divemaster and waterski instructor. Also about three months (2500 miles) experience on 46 ft sailboats. During my first day here I heard that miami or west palm beach might be better spots to look for work. Can anyone give me some advice on where to locate myself? Thanks

Average 4 out of 5