Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Failing under fire
Matt Paint
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:17 PM

Does anyone simulate charter conditions before the season starts, how do you prepare crew for a busy charter???? Charlatans tend come unglued when their tested under fire and it’s always interesting to see who can and who can’t when it is go time. Engineers that fair well in port flounder when their at sea, stewardesses start whaling when they work more than 8 hours, deckhands fish for hiding holes when they are tired, chefs get crabby when workloads increase and captains blow up like puffer fish when everything turns to mustard.
Tristan
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 1:58 PM

What type of simulation do you porpoise to stop Crew's legs turning to jellyfish when the carp hits the fan coral?
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:37 AM

hahahaha. too clever. I love it. Thanks for the smile.

captcoach
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:46 PM

With all the posting of issues and problems and situations in the yachting world, i'd like to see if there is any interest in a group telecall to discuss issues and maybe come away with some new perspectives and insights. I would set that up and moderate it if the interest is out there. Contact me at yachtcrewcoach.com if interested.

Average 0 out of 5