Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Raunchy profile pictures
Matt Paint
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:32 PM

I think some people choose inappropriate pictures for their profiles. Depicting a professional image is important, so long as it is the right profession. Overly raunchy photo’s attract attention, but is it the attention that helps people find a job.
Gilana
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 8:11 PM

I'm not so sure I understand what you mean. Could you send a few examples?

chrismlewis
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 9:07 PM

I have certainly seen a few CV photos which seemed to be aimed at a different industry which also requires people to sell themselves... Most of my Stews are initially shortlisted by the Ch Stew - prospective newbies might want to keep that in mind!
proskipper
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 3:22 AM

Seen alot of golddigging hosties in the last 10 years.

Also seen alot of prossies that take care of the punters better than the hosties.

Capt Kaj
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:11 PM

Sex they say sells, sadly alot of Captains will interview the females that try to enter the industry by way of a flaunting photo, it works in some cases. It also says alot about candidates, so if you read between the lines you can see perhaps that the person won´t suit your employment criteria!

Look feminine, the agencies will tell you whether your photo is acceptable or not and most crew looking for work will use an agency at some stage. I must say, most photos over the years I have been around are usually appropriate, sometimes poor quality, but not ott.

Speaking of inappropriate profiles, Matt Paint, you´ve got to ditch that ridiculous pink uniform, the pot is calling the kettle black.

Capt Kaj 

Average 0 out of 5