Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Passport Question
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:56 PM

I have and issue, my passport has recently expired and am currently seeking employment. My dilemma is that I can't see spending the outrageous sums of money for a 24 service and because I do not have employment that requires it for travel or arrangements for travel / visas within the next two weeks I cannot have it done at the Miami Passport Office. Any suggestions?

rodsteel
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:18 PM

(Assuming this is a US passport)

If you can afford two week turnaround, it looks like several passport service companies will do it for about $50 (plus $170 renewal fee and USPS Priority Mail costs? - some have "satisfaction" guarantees - wouldn't call that "outrageous" ).

http://www.topconsumerreviews.com/passports/

https://www.abriggs.com/simple_order_form/order_info.php?pid=8

Rod

le-capitaine
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 8:34 PM

Yes, assuming this is a US passport that was issued for ten years why in the world did you not get onto this problem weeks before it expired? When I was faced with the same problem, I was told to take copies of my still valid passport before sending it off with my renewal application. It worked for the airlines and Homeland Security and everyone else. So, you are in this predicament because you didn't pay attention to the important things in your life. Sorry.
chrismlewis
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 9:11 PM

For UK citizens, you can get an emergency passport from the consular office or embassy while you are waiting for the new one to arrive. I think if you go and talk to them they will help expedite the process. It does not take long.

Average 0 out of 5