Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Forum


In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Visa requirenent
Richard Rome
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:30 PM
Joined: 09/04/2010
Posts: 1

I'm joining a uk flagged boat that is all ready in BC canada and heading to alaska. I have a b1/c1d for the usa part. what do i do about the canada part I'm trying to do it by the book?? Ihave a uk passport..
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:06 PM
Joined: 25/06/2009
Posts: 277



It seems that there is no special permit required.


If you have a seaman's identity card and a UK passport you are legal (especially if you have a letter of employment from the yacht in hand).


"International seafarers travelling to Canada to join ships as crew members require a valid passport for entry as well as a seafarer's identity document. They also require a temporary resident visa, unless they are citizens of a country that is exempt from the requirement."


British citizens are exempt.



 Average 0 out of 5