Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Seabob Service
ftlaudyachty
Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:19 PM

Is Seabob still in business?!  I tried to drop off two of the Seabob for my captain and the vendor said they weren't taking in any more repairs this year!

I have never had good luck with these things.  The batteries are fussy at best and moving these heavy machines is never fun but now I can't get them fixed?

Has anyone heard anything about Seabob going out of business?

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 2:25 PM
As far as I know they are in business, at least I hope so as I have one of our Sea bobs there for repair. There is another forum on this site which pretty much sums up the general consensus on Sea bob as a product and Cayago as a company, which in my experience are the source of much frustration and time consumption for the sake of a toy. Good luck!
brian
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 5:45 PM

Have you tried calling them?! They make an amazing product, it's sensitive but follow the directions to a T and you'll be fine.
john
Posted: Friday, December 3, 2010 8:19 PM

yes they still in businesss i saw them last monaco boat show . they are located in germany just call them through their web site www.seabob.com
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 1:03 PM
SEABOB is most certainley alive and well. It seems that the servicing of the units is being handeled through National Marine Suppliers in Fort Lauderdale. In the event that the onsite trained technicinan has any issue with the unit, they will send it back to Germany to be looked at by the factory. In the event the unit is still under warranty, they will even take care of the shipping charges. I have had no issues, with my unit being serviced.
ftlaudyachty
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 6:59 PM

Sorry to disagree with you but the last boat I was on had Seabobs and they had quite a few issues, throttle trigger replacements, the switches wouldn't work, as well as the occasional charger that refused to charge anything.

The warranty seems to be as usefull as the paper it is printed on, despite keeping meticulous records  I send in a Seabob for a warranty issue that wasn't under warranty and National even charged me shipping to and from Germany!

How in the world a company can expect to provide timely and usefull service without having a stateside service center and making the customer pay for all of the shipping is beyond me.

This refusal of service this year was the final straw, when I am told that they will not service my unit this year I read that to mean they do not want me as a customer next year!!

Average 0 out of 5