Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
YachtAid Global
Captain Mark Drewelow - C2C inc San Diego
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:54 AM

YachtAid Global www.yachtaidglobal.org ( YAG ) since 2006 is the leader in non profit work tied directly to the yachting industry. YAG coordinates transport of humanitarian aid to coastal communities in Alaska, Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Belize, Easter Island, Robinson Crusoe Island, Komodo, Bali and more. YAG is funded by C2C, yacht owners and crew, and industry vendors. The intention of this New Topic is to: - To provide a means to inform Dockwalk readers about YAG activity - To create a space where Dockwalk readers can post non profit information of their own - To collect information about places out there that need help - To inspire others to get out there and do something meaningful Regards to all readers Captain Mark Drewelow Founder, YachtAid Global
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:58 AM

November 1, 2010. San Francisco California. YAG delivers $ 1046 usd worth of school supplies to sailing yacht Timoneer. Timoneer departs that same day southbound. The supplies are on the way to the Sacred Heart School on Easter Island. Timoneer is the first yacht to get involved with YAG back in late 2006 and she has had consistent involvment with YAG since that time. Thank you Timoneer!
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 3:06 AM

November 10, 2010. Motor Yacht Slojo is putting together a 24-7 fund raiser for YAG during their crossing from San Diego to French Polynesia. The crew, owners and guests will all be part of a relay on the rowing, running and biking machines. Ispiration came from the Talithia row across the Atlantic earlier this year, and the Slojo involvement with... YAG over the past 2 years. Stay tuned for information about how this will be structured and how to make your pledge per mile. www.iyag.info
junior
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:31 PM

A important detail for yachts to consider is the damage we do to the local environment in the ,low income, out of the way that places we visit. I often think the yachting community should contribute to a targeted fund which enables local communities to hire young people to clean up our mess and protect their natural treasures.
Kate Lardy
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:35 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting. I created a new discussion forum for charitable giving and renamed this topic YachtAid Global, so, as you mentioned in your first post, members can post their own non profit information as new topics in this discussion forum.

Thanks,

Kate

Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:54 AM

December 7, 2010

Why am I the only person posting messages in this Non Profit / Charitable Giving section?

Is YAG the only entity 100% tied to the yachting industry doing this sort of humanitarian good will?

I hope there will be more posters in this section soon.

If anyone needs some creative ideas, let us know.  YAG will be glad to get creative anywhere, anytime.

Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2011 2:55 PM

May 8, 2011 Why am I the only person posting messages in this Non Profit / Charitable Giving section? Is YAG the only entity 100% tied to the yachting industry doing this sort of humanitarian good will in isolated communities around the world? I hope there will be more posters in this section soon. If anyone needs some creative ideas, let us know. YAG will be glad to get creative anywhere, anytime.

Average 0 out of 5