Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Deckie manages the ulitmate "promotion"
Capt.Bill11
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 9:15 PM

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ires-girl.html

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 10:27 PM

That's great, ha ha. deckhand marries the owner's daughter. Good on him. That reminds me of a yachting "urban legend" I recall from maybe 20 years ago. It was a Ft. lauderdale yacht...victoria something perhaps ??, where the stewie married the owner. Legend has it she then fired the crew. Is any of that true, does anyone know?

yachtone
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:39 PM

yes, but we're not saying.

Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:50 PM
If memory serves me correctly i think it was Victoria Won II where she married the guy and fired the crew, she got him to buy her a restaurant out in Davie/Cooper City behind the McDonalds on Griffin and Knob Hill and she ran it for a while until she got caught doing innapropriate things with a member of the staff one night on the bar after hours which was caught on tape. That was the end of that gravy train for her. Too bad as well because it was a great place and the name was changed to Gryphon and opened as a club type atmosphere by a couple of guys in the yachting business but sadly it closed down as well. I say good for the couple who got married. Financial status should not play a part in the fact they are in love and happy. As we all have witnessed in yachting money does not always buy happiness and even though people are rich we still can't always stand to be around them so I hope these two have a great life togehter and leave the money out of the actual relationship and not make it a focus.

Average 0 out of 5