Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
london to auckland by jet ski
kapt_mark
Posted: Monday, August 2, 2010 7:49 PM

Check out www.london-sydney.com

All by Personal Water Craft! They are raising money for Cancer charities and to promote healthy life styles.

Started 1 August for 4 months, currently full tilt down the Rhine and Danube. Drive it like you stole it!

Some of my old team mates from Earthrace are helping with the logistics. Should be a great adventure. I may have talked my yacht owner's son in to doing a couple of legs of the trip with me, once we finish up the cruising season  here in Sardinia. Contact Adrian Erangey, erangey@gmail.com costs about 1000 euro a day to participate.

>{{}}'>

Henning
Posted: Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:22 PM

???Mmmmmmmm... I'm confused here, just how is it that PWCs are related to a healthy lifestyle?

kapt_mark
Posted: Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:38 PM

good question, I am probably not the best one to answer it, one of the 'ultimate ride' (as its called) reps would know more. However, a 4 month trip like that would certainly be a bit of a test of endurance. I saw from their website that they are focusing on fitness training, nutrition etc... The main guy is a skin cancer survivor himself. If it inspires anyone from 'couch potatoes' to 'mouse potatoes' to go out and enjoy the great out doors, especially the marine environment, I think that can only be a good thing.

just make sure that if you have to launch one, your lifting tackle is in good repair...

The cancer charity fund raising is also an important part. In these harder times with high unemployment they are a real help. Having recently talked to friends with cancer in the family, the unexpected money from a cancer chairty really helped, in their case, to cover costs such as travel to and from the hospital which was quite far in a barley road worthy car, to keep the spirits up of the patient who had a ll but given up.

Kate
Posted: Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:17 PM

Update: Unfortunately the Ultimate Ride was called off on August 29, according to a press release from GME, Australian-based manufacturers of personal locator beacons. The team, consisting at the time of two New Zealanders and one Croatian, had made it to the south coast of Turkey on their way to the Suez Canal, when they aborted their trip upon advice from the New Zealand department of Foreign Affairs. The department said the risk of terrorist and piracy attacks in Yemen had risen to an unacceptable level and that the trio would have been a prime target.

Two days later as they were returning to Croatia to return the personal watercraft, they were caught in a massive storm in the Aegean Sea, battling 60 to 70kph head winds and three- to four-meter waves, according to the GME press release. When the Sea-Doos began taking on water and the riders couldn’t make any headway, the team leader activated their beacons and were successfully rescued by the Greek Coastguard.
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 2:34 AM
Idiots, what next, swim around antarctica unassisted ?? People are stupid, weather for charity or not..Just my opinion.
kapt_mark
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 4:43 PM

I was following the journey through my mate george's blogs as he drove their support truck through Europe. They had another huge disaster in Bulgaria where they had all their kit stolen, seadoos and all and were just about to throw in the towel when the Bulgarian coppers found and returned all their belongings (after the threats of lots of negative media coverage and press releases about Bulgaria, from the BBC film crew). Dodged one bullet to get hit by another. If it was easy some one else would have done it by now. Must have been a very interesting ride while it lasted.

Average 0 out of 5