Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
What to pack?
Sam@Sea
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 6:38 PM

Hey all I'm another rookie looking for some advice: I've been doing lost of reading on Dockwalk and on other sites but have yet to find any advice relating what to pack. Clearly it's important to be mobile and to pack as little as possible..but I'm wondering what items are important to pack and what items you see rookies bring on board that are completely unnecessary. Any advice on this would be most welcome. Hoping to join you soon
Henning
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 1:03 AM

A few t shirts, some nice, some for working in, a few nice polo type shirts, A nice long sleeved shirt, several pairs of shorts in khaki and blue again, some nice, some for working in, a khaki and blue pair of slacks, a good pair of deck shoes and a good pair of flip-flops. Also pack some work out clothes and tennis shoes if so inclined and a pair of board shorts for swimming and going to the beach. Most importantly pack a good attitude and work ethic.

Do not pack your black sole shoes/boots unless you need them (say you're qualified to work in a fabrication shop or something), and be ready to kick them off before walking aboard a boat. Do not pack all your dive/recreation gear, but have it all boxed up and ready for someone to ship to you.

Average 0 out of 5