Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Helpful Reference books/websites for Stews??
Aussiestew
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 5:17 PM

I've just made the transition from a Stewardess on a large motor yacht working along side 3 other Stews to now a solo Stew position onboard a smaller yacht. As I am now solo I can't now rely on the other girls when I become stuck with something or need extra inspiration. So my question is. Does anyone know of any fantastic reference books/websites that a Stewardess can call upon for say inspirational table settlings, double checking correct service techniques and settings, laundry and really any great tips and ideas.
victoriaallman
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:14 PM

Check out Julie Perry's book, Insider's Guide to Becoming a Yacht Stewardess
www.workonayacht.com

yachtone
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:00 PM

There it is again, just like jeopardy, the perfect answer for question or was it the perfect question for the answer.?

An Owner
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 2:58 PM

victoriaallman wrote:
Check out Julie Perry's book, Insider's Guide to Becoming a Yacht Stewardess
www.workonayacht.com

Probably deserving of it's own thread but of interest to you and other Chefs Ms Allman. Sotheby's will be hosting a "Books for Cooks" auction of precious books and manuscripts dating back as far as the 16th century on July 15th. The items up for bid can be viewed through their online e-catalog.

victoriaallman
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 5:51 PM

Thank you for the link.  I was just reading about it on Epicurious.  How fun!  I'll feel like an owner bidding on a Sotheby's auction.

An Owner
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:48 AM

You're welcome. If this is your first Sotheby's auction you are in for a treat. If you cannot attend the exhibitions be sure and order the catalog about a month before the auction. They are collectors items themselves and a wealth of photos and information. 

Average 0 out of 5