Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Is this as good as it gets?
Kulta
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:20 AM

Today I was introduced to a prostitute by the yachts owner, or should I say GUEST. I love the fact I am now serving a working girl drinks and cleaning up the dirty bed sheets in the morning. Awesome, is this what yachting is all about??????????
Henning
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:24 AM

Yep, what were you expecting?

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:40 PM
you just broke the biggest rule of all. (Don't tell any one what your boss does) Plus your boat is on your profile. . Loose lips sink ships (your job)
14Freedom
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:45 PM

Hey Kulta,

In other forums you state you are the Chief Engineer. I know we all wear many hats...

So what if you are serving drinks to a "working" girl, and changing sheets? We all "work" at something...and we all get sheets dirty.

You are making a moral and ethical case out of it. If your morals and ethics consider it a problem (obviously it does) and beneath you, move on and keep your mouth SHUT.

ATB-
The Slacker

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:51 PM
No - As good as it gets is getting to sleep with one of the boss's "girls" without having to pay...

Henning
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:24 PM

Anonymous wrote:
No - As good as it gets is getting to sleep with one of the boss's "girls" without having to pay...

Yep, that relates directly to the job offers that include the phrase "and I'll buy your hooker."

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:25 PM
You should take a teaspoon of concrete and harden up. Your in the service industry.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:15 PM
You claim that you are the engineer of a 700 gt yacht. What the hell are you changing sheets for . I know that we all wear many hats but an engineer changing sheets on a boat that size is highly unlikely . Some one has to get there story straight of what they really do. Are you running the boat as a one man crew. Cap. , eng, chef, stew, limo driver, pilot, hooker handler, deck, mate? Please get real
Kulta
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:06 AM

Have ever considered that my wife wanted to make a forum post under my profile? It is the question that requires examination or comment. If you must dig for dirt or undermine our postings fair enough, but this does not change the fact things get a little twisted when you see the things we do while working for these people. Does ignoring the use of hard drugs also become a taboo subject that shall be ignored. Where is the line? This is as much fiction as it is fact. Pointed questions get sharp responses I guess.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:55 AM
Hey!!! Suck it up, if that was the worste part of your day, not too bad,Oh one other thing,what happens on the bosses boat stays on the boat.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:55 AM
Oh , and now you are marriedand the Wife did it. You need to look back at all of your posts and read what you have written. Now we have drugs! If that is true then leave the boat and call the insurance company and take your name off the vessel or you will be the one blamed when the S*^t hits the fan. Buck up and take a real good look at yourself. Can you afford to let this job go in this economy . Think hard !!!!
14Freedom
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:43 AM

"This is as much fiction as it is fact. Pointed questions get sharp responses I guess."

Yeah, you guess. You have a lot of pointed responses and you don't expect a barb? You may want to check your wife for posting under your ID, perhaps she should get her own if she wishes to make such "accusations".

If your yacht was in Alaska I'd say you are walking on thin ice, since you are in the warmer climates of the US (or planning a refit in FL/GA), I'd say keep your head above water and maybe put on a flak jacket. That goes for both you and your wife.

Oh yes, you never did answer the moral/ethical point I posted; nor your wife. Is she a working girl? My wife is, for Starwood hotels. Would you have a problem serving her as a guest?

ATB-
The Slacker

ann
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:50 AM

i would so love ...a career on a super yacht...just look after everyone!..ive just looked after all my kids...6...from i was 16...believe in me!..cos i do!

ann

junior
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:49 AM

...If your in Yachting long enough you will have to deal with owners who have deviant lifestyles... drugs, hookers and dirty money. Not much you can do, its all part of the Seatime equation. Seatime teaches you that a huge portion of yacht owners are nothing more than rich hillbilly trailer trash. You mission as a crew is to seek out the finest yachts, with truly high class owners. The owners who fly their national flags with pride, pay their bills, don't compromise their families, treat crew with respect and operate their yachts to enjoy the best of the sea.
Henning
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:17 AM

Kulta wrote:
Have ever considered that my wife wanted to make a forum post under my profile? It is the question that requires examination or comment. If you must dig for dirt or undermine our postings fair enough, but this does not change the fact things get a little twisted when you see the things we do while working for these people. Does ignoring the use of hard drugs also become a taboo subject that shall be ignored. Where is the line? This is as much fiction as it is fact. Pointed questions get sharp responses I guess.

Everything is a taboo subject when it comes to broadcasting what it is. We get paid for discretion. Fact of life, most people with large $$$s are degenerates, dang good thing I'm a degenerate too. You are paid to do a job, period. If you or your wife don't like or approve of the circumstances surrounding that job, quit. It's really as simple as all that. There is nobody forcing you or your wife into that job. This is what the world of yachting is about to a great extent. Drugs, hookers, guns, swingers parties (ever see the "3 Dolphins" flag?). I used to run a boat for the most degenerate gay dude you ever met. The parties on that boat made the party scenes in "Cruising" look like bible camp. I was paid extremely, extremely, extremely well and was never disturbed in my duties running the boat. If your sensibilities are going to be offended, you should be much more selective in who you decide to work for, but once you take the job, you keep your mouth shut about what's going on in the owners life or you will quickly find yourself not only out of a job, but out of the industry. Discretion is a key attribute to longevity in this industry and without it you won't survive in it, and for God's sake, keep your wife from posting on the internet what's going on when your profile names your boat, holy f-ing Christ....

I suggest you find a nice Mormon family to run a boat for. I've worked for a few different Mormon families and they are always very decent and treat you well and you won't have to deal with the issues you're talking about.

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:01 PM
Good luck with the new job search The Boss
junior
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:11 PM

To be successful as a captain you must seek guidance from the yachts owner and the owner must seek guidance from you. Its teamwork. When you have the misfortune to work for owners with deviant lifestyles, people whom you have no respect for , difficult personalities , no amount of money can prevent you from being trapped in the unenviable position of " see no evil, hear no evil " boat driver. Life is to short. If you see the writing on the wall in your present situation , use your clear head, connections and time to seek a higher level program.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:15 PM
Posts: 39 Have ever considered that my wife wanted to make a forum post under my profile? It is the question that requires examination or comment. If you must dig for dirt or undermine our postings fair enough, but this does not change the fact things get a little twisted when you see the things we do while working for these people. Does ignoring the use of hard drugs also become a taboo subject that shall be ignored. Where is the line? This is as much fiction as it is fact. Pointed questions get sharp responses I guess Drugs and hookers . Wow I never knew that they where allowed on yachts. You mean that the boss is actually a human being . He doesn't have x ray vision and a cape. Grow a set and be thankful that you have a job. I have read all of your postings and you seem to have the answers for everyone but yourself . If I was your boss you would have been gone a long time ago for what you have been posting. Good luck finding a new job. Oh by the way if you are using the boat computer or wi fi then your Cap. and boss have probably seen everything you have written. Now blame that one on your wife!!!
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:19 PM

I've dealt with hookers on charter sevreral times and in my experience, they've all been really nice. I feel kind of sorry for them. There has been a little undercurent amongst the crew of why are they on board, but nothing major...part of the job and some nice girls really.

junior
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:38 PM

Ignore deviant behavior if you need to collect your paycheck. This is the life. The secret to surviving and doing your time on yachts is to save every penny you're paid . EVERY DAM PENNY..... then deploy this war chest to be selective and reject owners who don't meet the grade. This is called seniority....no amount of paper tickets can buy this option. Do the time , pay for the crime......and be careful when venting your frustrations in public.
Fifty-Meter Flavor
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:11 PM

As long as your paycheck clears, who cares? You work for your owner, you're not married to him. I assume you did not take the job because you wanted to surround yourself with good, clean family values. You took the job to get paid and see more of the world. Mission accomplished. If you were hoping to find something more fulfilling than an above average salary for being a domestic, then you need to take off those those rose colored glasses and realize that this industry is full of all kinds of colorful things. Some of them are beautiful and some of them are ugly. Just do your job and don't take the boss's life so personally. Number one rule in yachting, it is NEVER about you, it is always about the boss. Keep him happy and keep your mouth shut, that's the secret of life on a boat if you ask me...You know it could have been worse. He could have put the moves on you and tried to add one more chore to your job description. It happens all the time in this industry. At least he hired a pro to that "job."
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:30 PM
He's right. I once had a charter guest totally grope me, and when I went to the captain, he told me he'd give me an extra $500 of the gratuity if I would just avoid that guest and keep my mouth shut. Evidiently both that guest and my captain thought hooking was a natural part of good hospitality.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:53 PM
This may be the dumbest post I have ever seen. Totally throwing your boss under the bus with prostitutes and drugs being on the boat and to add to the mix exposing your boat name and the fact you are coming to the USA to do a refit in another post. With stupidity like that you deserve to end up being welcomed to the USA with a drug task force and a complete search of the boat if your boss doesnt have you swimming with the fish or in a garbage dumpster before then. You get the dumb ass award for Dockwalk posts hands down!!! It is very clear to see you don't get it and how this industry works.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:30 PM
Have you ever heard of Body Guards. My boss looked at your posts and said this crew member would never survive on his boat!!! You need to do some sole searching and look at reality. If you had security on your boat like Taff Weaver he would have shut you down even if you had a thought. Good luck in the future. By the way your cap. just called me for your job. hhahahhaha just kidding, that is what you are going to get if you keep it up.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:06 PM
If you have been in this biz for a long time then you know who Taff is, if not then you are not who you clame to be.
Mr Jon
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:46 PM

I think the way you put your question forward has obvisiously upset a few people, perhaps because of the bluntness in your approach or maybe you hit a truth to close to home for some. I feel your point is valid and one that is extremely questionable... Bear in mind that any guest you are introduced to, is a guest, of the person who pays your bills and provides you with an amazing lifestyle, and no matter who their guests are they should be treated with respect. You may not agree with their lifestyle, or their morals, however it is not your place to judge people.... if an aspect of your job is to make beds and clean sheets then thats what you have to do... Regardless of who has been sleeping on them. My advice is the next time that happens, take 5 mins outside, contemplate your beautiful surroundings and let it go...
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:20 PM
Mr. Jon You have put it in very nice terms. Thankyou for that . One thing wrong here. CREW NEEDS TO KEEP WHAT HAPPENS ON THE BOAT , ON THE BOAT!!!!!! Other than that Mr. Jon is right. Ilook forward to your future posts
Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:45 AM
Debbie where are you? I thought you would like this one. We miss you.
Kulta
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:06 AM

Everything I’ve written is hypothetical. This forum was construed for a specific response and clearly the industry standard is, "what happens on the boat stays with the boat regardless of whether it is legal, moral or immoral".

Prompting this kind of response from yes captains is not difficult. I just wonder if your employer would stand by your if the FEDS or DEA arrived. More to the point would your employer bail you out if the smelly stuff hit the fan and a scapegoat was necessary?

Henning
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:13 AM

Kulta wrote:

Everything I’ve written is hypothetical. This forum was construed for a specific response and clearly the industry standard is, "what happens on the boat stays with the boat regardless of whether it is legal, moral or immoral".

Prompting this kind of response from yes captains is not difficult. I just wonder if your employer would stand by your if the FEDS or DEA arrived. More to the point would your employer bail you out if the smelly stuff hit the fan and a scapegoat was necessary?

So, you're just a troll then... You're not an engineer, you're not married, you don't have a chef that feeds you crap and you probably live in some landlocked corner of Siberia.... BTW, the only reasons the Feds would show up is because Carnivore picked up your posting and alerted someone.

junior
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:30 AM

Its amazing how tolerant yacht crew are in exchange for a paycheck !! Jons advice ..." the next time that happens, take 5 Min's outside, contemplate your beautiful surroundings and let it go.." only works a few times. Its very stressful to be captain of a yacht whose owner expects you or your crew to cover up their deviant behaviors. When the Sat Com rings and the wife or daughter is online and wants to speak with the boss ....do you speak the truth and reply ... Oh !, sorry the boss is not in the Caribbean on the yacht this week ..... or do you instinctively use a deceptive subterfuge ..... He's in the water catching lobsters !!! call you back.....then seek out where the owner really is, Las Vegas with the mistress or whatever...forward the message and cover his tracks ? .If every time you clear into a port you have to be stressed out about guest or owner drugs, undeclared cash or behavior you will not be able to follow Jons advice and step outside for a few minutes,in the fresh seaair, and ponder...How lucky you are to be living this lifestyle.
Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:34 PM
I agree with the post above. I've heard many crew say that it doesn't matter who they work for as long as the money is coming in. "Yeah I'd work for a drug lord! No problem!" Would they say the same about sex trafficking? I don't know. The point is... everyone has their own level of moral tolerance. I think it's important to decide what is right for you verses what the average crew would do. There are other jobs to be had. No amount of money is worth sacrificing a piece of yourself or your personal wellbeing. Life is too short!
Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:59 AM
I have to agree with Junior - as interior crew - finding out that the Bosses son and friends have been doing hard drugs, the evidence is all over the heads, you are swabbing the marble with alcohol again and again to remove all traces and you have no idea how much gear they have on board. Telling the Captain and having the guests have the shits with you for it is great fun too! Lets not forget though - if you are wealthy and/or famous, different rules apply. Getting caught with hookers, drugs or guns probably gets you a stern talking to and you lose $5000 or so cash, finito. It does piss me off when I know crew have brought gear on board as it endangers the whole crew's jobs and reputations. I have heard some really dodgy stories from other stews re: guests having sex with hookers and demanding service during the event and asking the stew to join in... yuck! This rarely happens on sailing yachts where the owners are old money and well mannered - that's the gig I prefer these days and I love sailing : ) more than I love a double bunk and a plasma screen at the foot of my bed that I was too exhausted to use! I am wondering if this poster is a greenie who has heard stories in a crew bar of the 'I know a boat where...' variety and wants to check out peoples responses - either that or where have these people come from???
Mylespe
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 2:41 AM

i'm sorry, but as inexperienced as i am in this industry (lots of seatime but only 7 months on a yacht proper) I would never dream of posting on a public forum what my boss had been up to or what he hadn't been up to, regardless of what i think of the ethics of the situation. Ya think I get paid as well as I do to make a boat nice and shiny? Or is it to provide a professional yacht crew service with all that entails. Ridiculous. AnotherDeckie
junior
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:35 PM

Well Mylespe...the reality is ...who gives a dam about tales of excess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares !!! The yacht, entertainment, charter industry is overflowing with so many weird, BLING yachts with chrome wheels , that I barely ever even notice . What I do notice are the few yachts who are 100 percent correct, pay the bills on time, treat crew like one of the family and are a joy to work for.. Keep your eye on them....and chuckle at the misfortunes of yachties who must work for the trailer trash billionaires

Average 0 out of 5