Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
visa for the BVI
Roni
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:33 PM

Hello, I'm working on a motor yacht and currently we are in Fort Lauderdile. The owner would like to visit BVI and all of the crew need Visa for that. What is the best way to apply for the BVI visa? Thanks Roni
Luxyachts
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2009 11:04 AM

You can find all of the necessary forms and information online at http://www.dgo.gov.vg/index.php?mpageid=153 In short you download the form and send it to the nearest British Consulate which in your case is Miami. United States, Miami, British Consulate-General Address: Brickell Bay Drive Miami Florida 33131 Switchboard: (1) (305) 374-3500 Phone: (1) (305) 374-1522 (Trade & Investment, Press & Public Diplomacy) (1) (212) 796-5773 (Visas) Website: http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en Office hours: By appointment
Capt Glenn
Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2009 5:25 PM

Are the new passport cards still adequate for us citizens to arrive by sea in the BVI's?  The last time we checked into Virgin Gorda @ Spanish Town we completed the entry forms and presnted the crews' passport cards.
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 2:41 PM
Visitor's visas are issued at port of entry and are valid for one month. http://www.bvitourism.com/gettinghere/EntryRequirements.aspx
rodsteel
Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 3:10 PM

Here is a very important paragraph from the above link to the BVI tourist site:

"Visitors from some countries may also require a visa for entry. If in doubt about the necessity of a visa, contact the nearest BVI Tourist Board Office, the nearest British Embassy, or contact the Chief Immigration Officer, Immigration Department, BVI Government at: Tel: 284-494-3471 or 284-49... Ext. 4700."

The visa exceptions usually include nationals from the Former Soviet Union.

Rod

Roni
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 3:06 PM

Hey guys. Thank you all for the help! I still didn't figure it up because when I call the Passport Department in the BVI they tell me to contact the nearest British consult and take out this visa in the consult. When I try to talk to Miami consult they don't answer the phone and their voice machine says that they don't take care of visa issues I called a company called "world Bridge" who say that I have to fill some online forms and make a biometric appointment and only by doing all of that I can talk to the British consult in Chicago! Is it really that complicated?

Average 0 out of 5