Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Mini Cruise Boats
AndyP79
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:25 AM

Captains,
 I wanted to pose this question to you all, because of your experience and time in the fleet.  I have seen a few companies advertising for small cruise boats. These are large yachts, 150-200 feet, capable of carry 30-100 people to have a hands on cruise experience. I am wondering;
1) If anyone has done this before, and what they thought of the job?
2) If it would make someone more or less desirable in the private or charter yacht world on a resume?

I ask this, because it seems that there is less desire for someone coming from the commercial world starting off in yachting. I seem to get a few people who will actually talk to me or look at my resume, but seem to be put off by my lack of having had guests on board the vessels I have worked. I thought this might be a way to put something on my resume showing that I had dealt with not just a few guests, but had the ability to deal with quite a few at once.
Also, my savings account is ready for me to get back to work! HA!

Thanks

Average 0 out of 5