Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
The best way to wash and wax and polish
T
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:33 PM

Hello -

I've been tasked with purchasing a polisher for an 82' trideck yacht.  The hull is blue and requires constant upkeep.  The owner quizzes me about who I talked to before I purchase a new tool for the boat.  So I'm asking the forum for polisher recommendations.  From what I read on the Internet the Porter Cable high speed polisher (random orbital) comes highly recommended.  Does anyone have experience with this product or any other recommendations? Do I need all the accessories advertised?  I'm in the Sausalito, CA area but am willing to travel to eyeball the product and play with it. 

Also we are using a 3m product to clean the nonskid surfaces on the boat but I have not been impressed.  Has anyone else found a more effective product?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.  Tami

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 1:52 PM
If you are after a High Speed Buffer - you cannot go past MAKITA - they are by far the superior high speed machine - in my experience. Try Oxi-clean on the non skid - sprinkle it on the wet surface - you can leave it for a few mins then srub like crazy! hope this helps

Average 0 out of 5