Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Offshore accounts
faybion
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:25 PM

help please? what do i do to get around tax?

Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:07 PM
Become an American Democrat and apply for a job with the Obama Administration. Seems tax evaders are the number one job qualification with Chairman Zero.

Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:11 PM
Anonymous wrote:
Become an American Democrat and apply for a job with the Obama Administration. Seems tax evaders are the number one job qualification with Chairman Zero.

She handed that one to you on a silver platter huh.

Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2009 12:58 AM

Since the G20 summit in London a few days ago, There is now a concerted effort to clamp down on Tax Havens and no longer will there be benefits in opening up offshore accounts for crew wages and savings, Each G20 country will be consideration sanctions on the traditional Tax havens like the Cayman Islands, Jersey, Isle of Man etc

Any "Offshore wages" you receive as crew are likely to attract more attention in the future, Depending on your nationality it is always good to contact you local "Tax office" to determine if you can be treated as a "Non resident" for the time you work in the Superyacht Industry.

Good luck and save or set aside 30% of your wages in case the "Tax man" decides to look you over !!!!!

Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2009 2:07 AM
Work on a yacht that's chartering. Bank the paychecks, spend the tips. That is, if any boats are getting charters.
Yacht Crew Management
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:23 AM

Hello Fay,
It is difficult to provide you with any guidance without knowing your residency, passport and current tax status. If you would like us to look into your situation then take a look at www.yachtcrewmanagement.com or send an email to info@yachtcrewmanagement.com

Have a good day

Daniel Heath
Yacht Crew Management Ltd.

Anonymous
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 5:23 PM
I am a U.S. citizen, but have been working in the E.U for the past 2 years.  I was able to set up my offshore bank account in the Isle of Man about a year ago.  Do I have to file taxes in the U.S.A or  E.U.?

Anonymous
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 6:28 PM
To the last post:
As a US citizen, you still must file in the US. The good is (last I knew) the first 75K your earn offshore IS NOT TAXABLE in the US. as for the EU???

ChaseTheWoodGuyFL
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 9:09 PM

get around taxes for what?
Are you purchasing for a company?
Are you offshore?
We run a company distributing Marine Plywood & Teak Lumber and when
people out of the stare of FL purchase there is NO Tax added....
This is all I know...
=)
ChaseWPP@Gmail.com

Average 0 out of 5