Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
New Careers Section
Nick
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 1:33 PM

Hi everyone

We're really interested to get your feedback on the new careers section, so do let us know what you think.

Thanks

Nick

nick@dockwalk.com

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 4:47 PM
Hi

Congratulations for the general spirit of freedom blowing on your web-site, but I am sad than you follow this trend by wasting bytes and pixels just for giving a little hopes to your readers.

There is near two years I practice the job-hunting on Internet (moreover of my fellow crew, yacht-dealer,brokers and so) for a capt. position( with a right hand which was transformed into genuine hoover for announce ; the result was very poor with one unsuccessful interview despite a Cv in accordance with the expectation of the industry (Mca 500gt nolimit experience+15years ,longevity blalblabla……)

One of the reasons is: when the announce appears on the web, the hunting was started long-time before

- Times+ 2hours: by the crew, the ones who have direct-relation with recruiters, on the top of CV’s pile.

- Times+ 6hours: by searching in the huge registered data base then quick phone call(be ready he/she have no time to lose)  and mail to these crews.

- Times+ 24/36hours (more or less the times necessary to appear on the site) by forwarding the offer to web-site where they do advertising.

At 24/36 hours believe me (2 personal experiences) they have generally enough right people to fit the profile requested and this list was delivered to the client to make his short list.

Perhaps I m wrong however I don’t wish to kill the hope (it’s so important to have it!!!): but to be pragmatic and honest with yours readers in respect of the right balance for you between independence and advertising:

The best is to realise a survey for the crew who have responded to the web’s position

For example

Position researched by department (deck, technical, hospitality)

Number of response to the announces

Number of response from the announcers

Number who was short-listed

Number who have the jobs

Eventually: place of the announce and crewmembers than wishes to give voluntary his nationality, his age,his sexe

One more times thanks for your job done on the site for all the yachties community

Sincerely

FFF ( French fries & Froggy)

monback
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 6:38 PM

Hi Nick, your crew available listing looks good. Somehow you need to eliminate "drive by crew" throwing out their cv to see what happens.  Make the cv's.....

DATE SENSITIVE and totally disappear after one week if the crew doesn't    check into Dockwalk Crew Available or I will become distracted looking thru 100s of ghost crew 

WHAT IS THEIR PRESENT GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION.  Silly to be flying crew in for interviews when their is a candidate next door.

Its possible that I have simply overlooked these details during my quick swing by your new site,  if so disregard.

And thanks for the new crew resource !

Average 0 out of 5