Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
What's In a Name
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:30 PM
Yachts are given their names for a variety of reasons. Which are your favorites? Which are your least favorites? What would you name your own yacht?
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:44 PM

" Ask the Lawyer"

"She got the House"

" No Money Down "
"Gnarly Beaver"  
" Its All Mine"
"Global Warmer "

All  Motoryachts spotted in the past year.

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:51 PM
In Antibes there is "Urgent Business"

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:08 PM

Motoryachts typically  carry crude, in your face  names.  The 30m  right next to me is called   "Mr. "

How about  Prince Jefri Bolkiah's  55m  motor yacht  named "  TITS"   with tenders called.  Nipple 1 and Nipple 2.      

Motor yachts have always been a  crude way to enjoy the  sea,  owned  by crude in your face  people .

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:35 PM
"Her Refrigerator"
"Stolen"
"Kitten Has Claws"

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:42 PM
Yacht Wind is the worst name for a motor yacht that I have come across!  Expecially as it always makes me think of flatulence when it's mentioned....

Janine
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:26 PM

Dockwalk recieved an email including these photos of funny boat names:

14Freedom
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:50 PM

Hey All,

My favorite was from years ago and I know the story behind it.

FUJIMO as in FU Jane I'm Moving Out

If you knew the story, you would understand! (but I'm still under a confidentiality agreement).

My boat is about to be named...tell you when she's christened!

ATB-
The Slacker

americana
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:20 AM
If I had my yacht it would be called "Constitution"...with all the Americana presidents, course George would be at the top level 'eh, salon...(obviously I forgot all the terms by now). man, I'd have a bunch of stars all over the deck. The hull would painted a pearl white with gold specks in the paint. I guess the rails would be wood instead of chrome...or maybe vice verca not sure yet. My second one would be called "Nice Try"..for which I won't divulge as to why.
junior
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:08 AM

Ya, FUJIMO.... I understand that "Donzo" from FUJIMO was killed in a race on the Sound a few weeks ago...sad to hear.
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, October 1, 2010 1:37 PM
A Couple of Cornish entries: "FarCanal", "SlipperOne" (Helps if you have the accent) It does seem a bit exclusive to Motor Boats, as has been mentioned.
MarineDex
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:01 AM

I saw some good one liner's while racing last year on the side of boats and vans in the Caribbean

1. an owner who sponsored his boat with his salvage company wrote " your mayday is our pay day"
  2. The second was on the side of pest control van " We smoke your roaches " 

Sean-H
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 11:17 PM

Thought I better look for such a thread before I start a new one, but this one seems a little inactive, so here's my contribution to get it going again.

"Lady Nag Nag"….that one just stuck in my head, saw it Monaco last week. Just got home from vacation in that area, will look for more names in the photos taken when I get round to going through all 5000 of them…..

Hughesy
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Had a few come into my old work

Dilligaf - Do I look like i give a fuck

Liquid obsession

Bong on

Aquaholic

Average 0 out of 5