Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Do Kiwi's need a Visa to find work out of Antibe?
Dannii Orawiec
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:30 AM

Hey Everyone,

Would love some advice from fellow NZ yachties please!  I'm flying into France at the end of April and obviously not knowing when I'm going home will be on a one-way ticket!  I've been told I don't need a working visa for yacht work because I technically won't be in a particular country -Is this true?  If so, would French customs not question what proof  I have of leaving their country? 

Advice would be much appreciated -Thanks!

Dannii

Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:25 AM
One way ticket ?   Be carefull my boy, a tourist does not arrive without an onward ticket.  You could very well be challenged on arrival in France. Your entry is always at the discretion of the inspector.  If he is having a bad day, you will to.   You are playing with fire.  You are saving a small amout of money  with a one way ticket and taking a big risk.   Soon you will learn as a globetrotter to become the perfect tourist at all immigration checks...that right, you even have a camera hanging from your neck with tourist brochures from  the Eiffel Tower in your hand..  Be wise

Average 0 out of 5