Dockwalk - The Essential Site For Captains And Crew - DockTalk Untitled Page

Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
female solo travel
jflenney20
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:48 PM

I finally have holiday time in December for the first time in three years! I'm looking to do my first solo travel trip for a week before seeing my family. However I'm a little nervous about travelling alone as a female. Do any female crew have recommendations for safe places to travel by myself?
Anita Warwick
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 8:46 PM

I don't believe there is a  place safer than others.  All it takes is one bad egg wherever you go!  You could be in Vatican City and there's a nutter!   Just be aware of your surroundings.  I  have travelled by myself all over the world and have not had any issues.  It  is a good idea to carry a personal alarm. They can fit on a key chain and let off a noise that would send anyone with bad intentions running!  

Always have travel insurance if outside of home country. It's cheap and can save a lot of aggravation and expenses.  (I've had a medical evacuation from Jamaica to Florida.  Not having insurance was the biggest problem!)  

Joining a small group tour is a good idea if you really think you'll feel vulnerable alone.  Good to meet like minded travelers.   INTREPID Tours is a good company.  

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 3:40 AM

Hi Jfenny,

Easy answer.  Iceland or Finland.  Safest countries in the world and pro females traveling alone.  I just recently returned from Iceland and it is amazing.  Beautiful scenery, safe to hitchhike, incredible landscapes, nice people and an interesting culture. Also incredibly expensive.  Good luck, have fun, and be safe.

Average 0 out of 5
]