Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Owner Who Doesnt Care
Manfred matthies
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:59 PM

WHERE DOES A CAPTAIN STAND,IF AN OWNER DOESN'T CARE  ABOUT ANY RULES AND REGULATIONS AND DOESN'T SPEND ANY MONEY FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF HIS YACHT.
le-capitaine
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:29 PM

Color me gone!! He doesn't care about you or his crew either.
Helge
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:33 PM

Since the captain, not the owner, is responsible for the vessel, it is the captain who will get in trouble if there are any irregularities or worse. My advice: Leave! You cannot win in this situation.
Kwa444
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:49 PM

Easy one this:

In prison or unemployed - those are your two options.

Personally I'd go with the latter as you get to keep your licence, don't spend lots on lawyers and fines and can go and work for someone who is a decent human being or at least passes for one most of the time....

Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 1:48 AM

Some "Owners" should not be...

A good owner hires a Captain in order to not have to worry about the boat day in and day out. and rely on the Captain to maintain the yacht, keep it in compliance and safe. If the owner does not allow you to maintain the yacht professionally, simply move on. After he has discovered the difficulty of keeping a good Captain, he will either get rid of the boat or get wise to the fact that maintenance, regulation and safety are a big part of boating There are regulations the vessel must comply with and it is the responsibility of the Captain, if owner doesn't want to allow this...Adios

Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, April 1, 2017 9:24 AM
Leave ASAP.

Average 0 out of 5