Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Cook book reccomendations
Dee
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 4:03 PM

Pioneer Linens Yachts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 10:28 PM

http://store.taunton.com/onlinestore/item/2008-fine-cooking-hardbound-051010.html This is my favorite magazine all put together into a bound edition. It has tips, techniques, and simple yet sophisticated recipes. Also an index. Get them fast cause once they are gone there will be no more. I have 04 05 missed 06, 07 and soon 08 Trust me on this book You will love it! JAY
victoriaallman
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 2:59 AM

The Marine Cookery Bible by Malcolm Alder-Smith When Malcolm Alder-Smith entitled this book a Bible, he was not exaggerating. This book has everything you need to know about working in a galley. Any yacht chef should keep this book close at hand. Not only are the pages full of essential recipes and menu ideas for chefs, but it goes so much farther. There is information on how to apply for a job, the qualifications one needs, where to provision and how to cook for different nationalities and diets. I wish this book were available when I started as a yacht chef. It would have helped immensely and avoided many problems. I have combed this book from cover to cover and stand behind everything Alder-Smith says about the industry. He has a firm knowledge and complete understanding of what it takes to run a galley on a yacht and how to succeed at it. This book is a must for anyone who cooks, or wants to cook onboard a yacht. Victoria Allman
Malcy
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2011 7:29 PM

Thank you for you very kind words Victoria. I feel that having done over five years worth of research, that The Marine Cookery Bible is the thesis for my Phd. It is my hope, apart from public interest in my book, that Crew Training Academies, Cookery Schools and colleges across the globe will find the book a helpful resource for their students. A number of well known Marine Hospitality training providers are already interested in using the book and I am absolutely thrilled that all my long hours of work appear to have produced a useful training resource. Malcolm Alder-Smith
Malcy
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2011 7:35 PM

The Marine Cookery Bible is available at Amazon.com. Kindle version from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk and personally signed copy available via www.essentialmarinecookery.com Malcolm Alder-Smith (Author)

Average 0 out of 5