Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
experienced deckhand
PatLewis
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 3:10 AM

moved to miami. searching for new opportunities. available for hard work. detail experienced. worked in fort lauderdale and ocean city, maryland. appreciate any feed back.
Mike French
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2008 11:19 PM

Pat The first thing you have to do is seriously consider getting some training. There are more and more rules these days and it is fair to say that if you want to get a job some sort of basic training is a necessity. After that it is a question of getting experience enough to decide on the direction you want to go in the yachting sector and working towards it. I run a yacht training school and would be happy to advise on the options open to you together with how to find a job. Give us a call at IYT 954 779 7764 Hope we can help.
Ask Amy
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:48 PM

Pat,

There are many options available in the marine industry. Are you looking for a local position in a marina or charter boat company or would you prefer to travel the world on a yacht or perhaps a dive boat or commercial fishing vessel or even a harbor tug? The possibilities are endless and the industry is always looking for hard working and ambitious people. I would be happy to get you a complimentary career counseling session that helps you determine which direction you would be best suited for and how to get there and then how to climb the ladder after you get started. We are here to help you every step of the way from Basic training all the way up!! Contact me at MPT 954.525.1014 or amy@mptusa.com. Good luck to you!!

Average 0 out of 5