Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Train in the USA and save money
Ask Amy
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 5:57 PM

Take your STCW Basic Safety Training at MPT in Fort Lauderdale and save money!!

The course is $895. U.S. Dollars compare that to euros or pounds and you could save enough to cover the flight over to find a job in the fall season:

Classes available on the following dates: Register early - fall classes are filling up  www.MPTusa.com

STCW Certification - Accepted by the MCA - Approved by the USCG

Recognized virtually everywhere!

STCW Basic Safety Training  $895. 

Includes Basic Fire fighting, PSSR, Sea Survival, and First Aid / CPR                                             

Aug 25-29 •Sept 8-12•Sept 15-19th Sep 22-26 •Sept 29-Oct 3 • Oct 6-10 •Oct 13-17•Oct 20-24 •

Oct 27-31•Nov 3-7•Nov 10-14 • Nov 17-21• Dec 1-5 •Dec 8-12•Dec 15-19.

STCW BST available in 2009 starting almost every Monday!

Tahnee
Posted: Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:39 AM

i did mine in Rio de Janeiro for $270
beat that!!

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:41 PM

Im going to Rio this summer and then am going to look for jobs on the yachts afterwards. Do you mind me asking exactly where you did it in Rio? And was it in English?

You could save me some serious cash here!

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 12:20 PM
Do some research and you'll surely get it cheaper somewhere else. In South Africa you'll even have some money left over to spend on safari holidays.
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, November 7, 2008 3:01 PM
Maybe but i'm going to south america so the money i saved by doing it in South Africa would surely go on the flight...?
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:07 PM

Its seems like every body trying to save money on courses and looking for the cheapest one instead of quality of the courses.

Most of the cheap one is not doing fire fighting practical. what's happening if there is really fire onboard. What do you do ??? Save money or save life ?  Pay for the right price to wellknown training centres. you will realize why you pay more as it worth it. Most of the experiences captains know how to choose good crews.

Average 0 out of 5