Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Adopt a Lab
MattG
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:13 AM
South Florida Labrador Retreiver rescue desperately needs foster homes for abandoned pets.

Changes in the housing market have families abandoning their pets at a staggering rate. These are not feral stray dogs, but loving family pets that need a safe place to stay for a few weeks (sometimes just a few days) until the rescue organization can find them a forever home.

If you miss having pets, have a few weeks in port and want some good karma, please help recycle unconditional love... consider fostering a lab in need! Log on to www.labradorrescue.net for information or email Kim at kkhkcpa@fdn.com.

Lab rescue will provide you with everything you need: a crate, collars, leashes and will pay for all the medical care. All you are asked to supply is food, shelter and TLC.

NottaWog
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:27 PM

Great post MattG!

I am currently in the US Navy and due to reasons outside my control could not longer keep my pup.  I got in touch with a spaniel rescue society out here in sunny San Diego, and he now has an amazing home with a family that can spend the time with him that he deserves.  Had I not known about the services such as those spoke about by Matt, and the help of the amazing volunteers who give these dogs foster homes....who knows where my bud Taco would be today.  I for certain will be volunteering when I am in a position again to return the kindness Taco was shown, and urge anyone who can donate time or money to contact a rescue organization in your area to see how you can help a friend in need.

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 2:46 AM

I just got an email from the Broward County Humane Society saying that they were in need of certain items. The list included lightly used towels. If anyone is replacing the towels on their boat before leaving the Fort Lauderdale area, be sure to bring your "old" towels to the Humane Society which is located on the south side of Griffin Road at the intersection of Griffin and Anglers Ave.

Kelly
Posted: Monday, January 4, 2010 3:52 PM

Another year has gone by and the situation is still terrible at rescue. Just this morning the district coordinator for South Florida Labrador Rescue sent this note: "Hi - Hope everyone is having a great New Year so far! With the new year came FOUR owner surrender forms this weekend (Happy New Year - Let's dump the dog!) as well as quite a few at the shelters. If you can start the year out with saving a Lab this week, please let me know!! Thank you!"----------I understand a lot of people in the yachting community have come forward in the last year or so to both foster and adopt from Lab Rescue. (They are - after all- water dogs.) If there is anyone currently in a position to help, please contact Kim at Labrador Rescue kkhkcpa@fdn.com or www.labradorrescue.net or contact a local rescue in your area. Thanks, and happy new year to everyone.

Average 5 out of 5