Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Your feedback is really important!
Nick
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:02 PM

Hi everyone,

DOCKWALK.com is your site so do let us know what you think - what you like and what you don't like, and any ideas you've got to make things better. We would welcome any feedback that you have.

Nick

Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2008 3:51 PM

The long awaited dockwalk.com is great! thanks!

How about a Classifieds area?  Crew accommodation notices?

Immigration is an issue to many crew, how about a 'ask an expert immigration attorney?

Anita Warwick
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2008 3:58 PM

The long awaited Dockwalk.com is great! thanks!

How about a classifieds area? Crew accommodation notices etc?

Immigration is an important issue for many crew. How about a 'ask an expert' immigration attorney?  I recommend Polastek & Sclafani in Ft Lauderdale who have dealt with crew issues for many years - and got my greencard sorted! www.hpolastek.com

tonyh
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2008 5:47 PM

can you change the home page so that you can get straight into the forums by clicking on a link at the top of the box with latest forum posts in it?
Nick
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2008 5:57 PM

Hi Anita, thanks for the feedback. Adding a classifieds section is a great idea. Several people also mentioned this to me at the Happy Hour in FL on Friday so we'll look into this ASAP. The next update to the site is probably going to be focused on improving photos and adding support for video, and then we were going to focus on jobs/careers so classifieds could fit into that. And the immigration Q&A is a great idea too - I'll get straight on it. Thanks again and let us know if you've got any other ideas!

Nick

Nick
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2008 5:59 PM

Hi Tony. Thanks for the feedback. Definitely a good idea - we'll get this done as soon as possible.

Thanks

Nick

lasergirl
Posted: Sunday, September 7, 2008 8:15 PM

Hi-

I think the online Dockwalk is great!  I have gotten several emails about possible job openings mostly from people not in The States.  I wonder if they are finding the job section of the forum?

I also wanted to comment on the immigration questions.  The doctor, Joseph A. Astaphan, MD, that I work for is a Civil Surgeon and listed on the web as an authorized physician with USCIS to perform immigration physicals.  He would be happy to answer any medical questions regarding immigration medicals.

The US changed the requirements as of the end of July 2008 by adding additional immunizations required for certain age groups.  You can also visit : http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

For immigration medical info: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=95fc9c997f710110VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=95fc9c997f710110VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

To find an authorized physician: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?actionffices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV    

*Delete the smiley is replace it with  = and the letter o.   I cannot get it to post without creating the smiley sign...ugh

USCIS Civil Surgeons Locator

Services Overview »  Find A ffices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV">Civil Surgeon »  In 33304

The following Civil Surgeon(s) are located in zipcode 33304:

• 33304 - Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Dr. Joseph A Astaphan
      924 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
      (954) 749-7811  or  (954) 462-7811

Nick
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2008 10:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Actually we are currently working out a plan for jobs. One possibility is that we create a dedicated area for jobs/careers on the site which would be easy to navigate to. Do you think this would be a good idea? Thanks

Nick

PS - I'll try and find out why you are having the problem with the smiley!

Capt.Eddie
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 11:06 PM

Dockwalk.com is great.....except one thing!!!...

Im Slovenian, but in my profile editor (drop down menu) I can't choose "slovenian
"nationality... because is not available!

Thanks

Capt. Eddie

Nick
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:05 PM

Sorry about that - an oversight on our part! I have added Slovenian to the list.

Thanks

Nick

Mike French
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:49 PM

Dear Nick. Is it possible to send a message to more than one of my friends at a time. If so please explain how I do it. If not, is this a function that could be included? I know I am not particularly computer savvy but it seems as though I have to send each one a message individually and even if I cut and paste it still takes a while. Thanks and regards.
Nick
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 9:21 PM

Hi Mike

It is possible to do this although it's not as obvious as it could be. If you go to your My Messages page and click on compose you will see an option on the right hand side called 'Browse Users'. If you click on this it brings up a search panel. Initially it shows the basic search option (basically going through all of the users, four at a time) but if you click on the advanced search option you will see a check box that says 'only friends'. If you check this box and then click on search it will show all your friends and then you can select which ones you want to send the message to. This is an area of the site we are looking to improve but hope this helps for the moment.

Thanks

Nick

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2008 3:43 PM
Thank you to the team at Dockwalk, LOVE the magazine. Its always available to us working on the boat even if we spend so much time away from the world! And you can be sure to find a familiar face in every issue
LISA
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 1:04 AM

Classified section would be a great idea
Nick
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2008 7:20 PM

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the feedback. This is definitely something we would like to do. Would you be looking to advertise a product/service?

Nick

Andrew
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 6:49 PM

"quote">Nick wrote:
"innerquote">Hi everyone,

DOCKWALK.com is your site so do let us know what you think - what you like and what you don't like, and any ideas you've got to make things better. We would welcome any feedback that you have.

Nick

Dreaman
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:31 PM

Hey MAtes Let's keep the praising down for a while and aim to the improvements: Great idea has lightened on me today - if it is not that complicated technically< Why not assigning to each member here a direct link to his profile(with no need of registration for the watchers). Thence we've got 2 rabits on the arrow - The site will be advertised incredibly faster in the Industry(if anyone hasn't heard yet-kinda doubt it!) and the potencial employees will get the right job faster showing their extras, skills, itineraries etc. here as well Any idea joiners ?
Pascal
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 11:17 PM

very nice!

minor glitches i came across though:   it seems that when you put a   '   in the length field on your profile, it cannot update and triggers and error message.  I remove the ft symbol, and it worked.

also, in the caption contest form, it seems that having a   !  in the caption generates an error...  i removed the ! and the caption posted.

i've run into issues with how some characters are handled by forms on my own sites before.

Nick
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:33 AM

Hi Pascal

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the forms issues and see if we can get them fixed.

Nick

faybion
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:41 AM

I think dockwalk.com is awsome and a great place to meet other people who enjoy the same thing as you. Great for advice etc...

TiffanyS
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:34 AM

Where is the Andy Hillstrand interview mentioned in the Feb Dockwalk?
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:55 AM
Hi Tiffany, I asked the same question and went back to the article in the latest issue and it can be found at http://www.dockwalk.com/Essentials/Related.aspx?cat=1294 The interview is interesting. One thing they don't mention is that the Time Bandit guys actually won the lottery quite a while ago (big bucks).
Dreaman
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:21 AM

Correct me if I missed noticing it on the way, but I would enjoy an option to get email alerted when receiving a reply to a topic/thread or a post.

Heather
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:38 AM

Hi Dreaman, If you scroll to the very top of the forum thread, you will find a small blue envelope. If you wish to receive email notifications of new posts to a thread, just click that little icon and you'll be notified everytime a new post is added.

Average 1.5 out of 5