Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Medical Courses in Mallorca - MCA/STCW95 approved
Dr Ken
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2008 2:40 PM

We are running the MCA/STCW95 Medical Courses each month, except August, at the Classroom of the Mallorca Sea School in Puerto Portals (see our website for map).

My wife Rosemary and I are both doctors who have been working on the island since April 2007. We had a successful MCA assessment visit in June 2007 so our courses are MCA approved and we are both approved MCA tutors. Our teaching focus is based at Puerto Portals and our medical practice (including ENG1 medicals by Ken) is based at Club de Mar in Palma.

The courses we run are:

Elementary First Aid (part of STCW95 basic training)

Medical First Aid

Medical Care Onboard Ship (previously Ship's Captain's Medical Course)

Update for Medical Care Onboards Ship

Club de Mar Medical CB/Partnership

Club de Mar,  Avda.Gabriel Roca

07015 Palma de Mallorca

Tel:  +34 639 949 125 (Ken)

Tel:  +34 619 982 142 (Rosemary)

www.clubdemarmedical.com

info@clubdemarmedical.com

fezzer
Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:05 AM

My greatest thanks to Ken and Rosie for running the Medical First Aid course in September for us.

I much appreciate you found the time and student numbers to make this course happen when I needed it.

For me it was the second time I've attended this course and found it to be a fantastic refresher much needed after 5 years since the previous course with Club de Mar Medical.

Competitively priced, good teaching methods and run by real doctors that realise the nature of our work at sea.

However no course could have prepared me psychologically for the first aid situation I found myself involved with just 2 days later, a casualty bleeding from a mosquito bite to his testicles, pressure and  elevate if he had let me anywhere near him. Don't forget the gloves!

I would recommend these courses to all.

Regards.

Chris

Dr Ken
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2011 11:34 AM

Brief post, for info - more recently, our teaching base has moved, with Mallorca Sea School, into Palma at the Escuela del Mar in the Centro Nautico opposite Quay 6 of Club de Mar. This is within walking distance of our expanded premises in Club de Mar and details are available on our website.
Dr Ken
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:25 AM

Another brief post for info - our Classroom location is advertised under ESCUELA DEL MAR and PALMA SEA SCHOOL (Mallorca Sea School has rebranded and their training focus is now in Palma). The Classroom complex is about 400 yards from the Club de Mar main building and is opposite the little security gate at the far end of the Marina. Our courses were reapproved by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency for a further five years following a successful audit visit in October 2011

Average 0 out of 5