Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Saved by mermaids
MattG
Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 8:30 PM

We all have cool things that happen to us and great memories of some amazing times.

But what is your most memorable moment in your crew career?

- Have you been inspired by a famous celebrity on board?
- Did you help save the life of a crewmember or guest?
- Have you ever been somewhere so remote that the locals had never seen tourists?
- Did you survive a killer storm at sea?

I recall a time when I was swept overboard into a raging sea and rescued by three beautiful mermaids...but then I woke up.  

Everyone has his or her own story, and some of them are real: What’s yours?

NottaWog
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:33 PM

I wouldn't say my most memorable...but probably one of the funniest.  It was my first time at sea, and we were in the beautiful waters outside of Guam in the Marianas.  It was dusk, work was done (ya right...), so I found a comfortable place on the forecastle to kick back, take in the fresh pacific air, and gaze at the stars as they were starting to appear.  Staring up, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye moving erratically.  Holy @#($(!!!  Right next to the pilot house, there's a bright white globe moving back and forth much, much, much too quickly and too erratically to be a airplane.  You have got to be kidding me...it's my first underway, and I was seeing a UFO!!!!  I stood up to run and grab someone to share this discovery with, and much to my chargrin realized that what I thought was a UFO, was not one at all.  There I was, green as hell, and looking at the ship as a stationary object...when the STAR that I was accusing of being a UFO was the only thing stationary!  How glad I was that I didn't blabber to the crew of my discovery! 

Average 2.5 out of 5