Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Sewage Treatment Plant
Tim Collins
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:40 AM

I am looking to fit a sewage treatment plant to our 34m motor yacht (12 guests / 6 crew). Been doing some reasearch and have that Hamman have a mini system but have told us that their system is suitable for only 10 / 12 persons max.

There big system is not cheap by any means and would like to investigate an alternative brand. Boat is based in Med.

Any feedback positive or negitive would be great.... When going to spend large ammonts of owners cash would like to make sure am buying the correct system.

Regards

Tim Collins - captain@shebacharter.com  

FWH
Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 6:17 AM

Hi Tim, installed many seawage systems , but now we use the Bio-Filt system from Rochem its good to have a look at it , these systems are now almost standard at the feadships we build look for information at there website www.rochem.co.uk regards Fokke Willem
Anonymous
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:34 PM
The benefit of Hamann is that every one knows the system in and out being the industry standard. Rochem is very good but HUGELY expensive, needs a properly trained engineer to use it a large biowaste tank and is very sensitive to what goes in the waste system. Unless you're going to alaska stick with Hamann.
flht96
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:39 PM

Hamann system works fine. Was initially wired to operate automatically but I prefer to operate the system manually, this practice prolongs component life and reduces chlorine costs. Routine cleaning and flushing of the device seems to help as well.
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:23 AM
HELP - we have a hamann super mini, 10yr old boat with no usermanuals for ANYTHING. our hamann discharges ALL waste in 1 big messy cloud automatically. Can anybody help me with the codes i need to input into the system using the keypad in order to make my system manually discharge as well as at the right quantity of discharge as apose to all at once. Many thanks
Jay
Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2012 10:04 AM

Here are some details for the supa-mini stp: http://s344536928.website-start.de/app/download/4396659702/Super+Mini+Plus+new.pdf http://www.scribd.com/doc/70517826/Technical-Specification ( also some technical data - to view only ) Contact sales@HamannAG.com +49 (0) 4165 - 22 11 36 They will send you a user manual, also write down the serial Nr of the unit ( inside the door of the control unit usually )
david selwood
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:03 AM

Good Morning Engineers, Hi, I'm a new Y3 to Yachting and just completed my first handover, so this is my first big question! Have you looked at MEPC 55/23 and where we stand if still operating the Hamann HL-Cont (1cm/h) compact Mini System. Basicaly all i can see that from 1st Jan 2010 nothing from this system should be pumped over board unless: To Shore or +12 miles from land. So how do you work with this system when the holding tank is only 5.3 m³ and last about 6 hours until full? Any thoughts? Regards David
Robertmech
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 8:15 AM

One thing that is very helpful in sewerage treatment is to pump air through the black tank continuously using

a centrifugal pump and educator or a blower this keeps the aerobic bacteria alive and aids enormously in

pretreatment of sewerage and it is an inexpensive thing to do.  RD

Chief_1
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 12:56 PM

"...the holding tank is only 5.3 m³ and last about 6 hours until full? Any thoughts?"

I think I would start with by having a serious talk with the chef.

Average 3 out of 5