Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Basic Cocktail Courses in WPB or Ft Lauderdale
linda
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 1:50 PM

Hi I am looking to send my interior team on a Basic Cocktail and Product knowledge course, but unfortunately all i have been able to find are courses for professional bartenders which take up 2 weeks of your time. As you know, in this industry we don't have that amount of time, so what i am hoping to find is a course of about 3 - 4 days in the WPB or Ft Lauderdale area. Does anyone please know of anything? Thank you.
Henning
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 4:26 PM

linda wrote:
Hi I am looking to send my interior team on a Basic Cocktail and Product knowledge course, but unfortunately all i have been able to find are courses for professional bartenders which take up 2 weeks of your time. As you know, in this industry we don't have that amount of time, so what i am hoping to find is a course of about 3 - 4 days in the WPB or Ft Lauderdale area. Does anyone please know of anything? Thank you.

Hmmmm...no, the ones I know of are as you stated, full courses for people who want a bar-tending job.
Perhaps you could contract someone to come to the boat. Also consider throwing in the rest of the crew on the course for when things get really busy; anybody will be able to fill the guest request directly & competently.

Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 2:57 AM
Hi there! Well, if you want to send your crew to an all-round course, I recommend the New York Bar tending school in Fort Lauderdale. http://www.954bartend.com/courses.html I did their bar-tending course (a 40 hour training, great fun!) and it has given me the confidence I needed and was greatly lacking, during cocktail hour on board. They offer a shorter cocktail course (which would be included in the more all-round bar tending course) geared towards the yachting industry. You can also drop in for a trial class to see if it is what you're looking for, which is fantastic. Good luck!
Alene Keenan
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:02 AM

I could come to the boat and teach that class. I teach 4 day classes on product knowledge and glassware, measuring and free-pouring alcohol, how to build, shake, muddle, and blend drinks, highballs, rocks drinks, muddled drinks, classic cocktails and martinis, trendy drinks, shooters, sours, Collins drinks and much more. Check out my website, www.yachtstewsolutions.com and give me a call at 954-873-2869. I also teach full on service training on board. I am in Fort Lauderdale and would happily travel to West Palm. I have 20 years of yachting experience. Alene Keenan
Heather
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:35 AM

new york bartending school in ft lauderdale has a 3 day professional bartenders cocktail course. not exactly geared to what we do on typical yachts--i.e make 20 drinks in 5 min. but will definitely teach your crew how to make drinks. they will allow you to attend a class free of charge to decide if it meet your expectations and the owner has worked with lots of crews, so can modify the class to your liking or give private classes as well!!

Average 0 out of 5