Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Another med Season!
Scott
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:22 AM

Hey all, About this time last year I was posting about places to stay in Palma. After a semi successful summer season with temp work n a bit of day work, I have been forced to take the winter off due to lack of work. But not all is lost I am planing to head our to Antibes around the first week of April for the boat show! I was wondering where is the best place to stay and what is the nearest airport? Thanks for your help!
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:39 AM
Two minutes research will answer all your questions, nearest airport is Nice.

Scott
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:30 PM

I have done a lot of research into hostels! found 5 or 6 but they all seam to b around the €30-€35 euro mark, and as you would know the best places are normally found throw word of mouth! So a little bit of advice on "which one would be the best place to stay" would be appreciated.
junior
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:01 PM

Best thing to do is to get your boots on ground zero Antibes , then swing by the Blue Lady or other crew hangouts and ask around. New yachty crash pads are happening all the time.
Scott
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 1:08 PM

Thanks Junior, nice recommendation of a bar!
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 6:08 PM
Really, pre register with crew agents, get your cv great, try avoid crew houses (150+ euros a week) flatsharings a better option less networking though. try use bars for networking not being pissed spending all your money and ruining you name. dockwalk and talk. make yourself known.
Siggi Ingvars
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:41 AM

I can reccomend The Grapewine Crew house. I is very nice and clean. Jenifer and Jason are very nice and can be a big help to you. You meet allot of people in same situation as you and it is a lot of fun to. You can find them online and on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/thinkjenn
Scott
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 2:30 PM

Cheers, From what iv seen and people tell me, The Grape vine seams to be a winner. Now its just all about timing! Thank you for her Facebook page that should really help.

Average 0 out of 5