Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Satellite Internet
Oliver
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:15 AM

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this and imagine the access and speed of the internet varies depending on the type of yachts. What i would like to know is if it's possible to download films whilst aboard a boat? Is streaming also possible or is the speed to slow? From the sounds of it, I may well be too tired, or possibly not have enough free time for such endeavors!

Henning
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:31 AM

Streaming ability is expensive, several thousand dollars a month for service beyond the expense of the gear. Over more typical Vsat speeds, downloading a movie can take a day and if you aren't on an unlimited data plan, you'd be able to make the movie for the cost of the download.

junior
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:33 AM

Stay away from anything bandwidth intensive. .

Average 0 out of 5