Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Hiring Deck Sander in Southern France
jezza83
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 3:36 PM

Sanding all the decks on the boat this winter. Does anyone know where I can hire a industrial size or large deck sander? Cheers!

kapt_mark
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 8:13 PM

I am going on the hard in Cannes municipal yard where you must do all work independant of the yard and am hiring kit from Kiloutou (Qui lou tous, we rent everything), have not looked at getting a sander but they have lots of kit for hire from scaffold, pressure washer, cherry picker etc...

jezza83
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:26 PM

Thanks Mark! I'll give them a call and see what they have. Cheers!
Capt Edward P
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:28 AM

Yes I was going to   suggest kilotout but the problem is  that all hire is very expensive in France    and there is price fixing.  I am wondering whether it would not be cheaper to buy one and then have it for next time or then sell it on for half price, and get some of your money back. Sounds   like you are going to have to  have it for weeks anyway  Yours 'aye  Cap'n Ed   hideousfrance.com

junior
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:58 PM

A good question is DO YOU NEED A FLOOR SANDER. I have sanded plenty of decks and never used a floor sander. 3m eight inch soft pads fit with 80 grit on a circular sander is a teak deck weapon. Follow up with 80 on a random orbital. In Antibes thee is a specialized teak deck sanding company fo mega yachts. You might google em then stop by their shop for any local sorcing of gear.

Average 0 out of 5