Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
product useful and suitable
menchu
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:44 PM

hi, good day everyone! my name is menchu a begginner in stewardess on a 30 meter yachts, it is my first day and the first thing put in my mind is that, which product i need to use for cleaning or tricks to make evertyhing so easy,calm,cool and simple which is safe and useful to everyone, esp our guest i want them to impress to see my interior from floor to windows are SHINING. would you please help me which product i need to use or tricks i need to do as our floor, stair and table are made up of wood and fully-varnished. thanks.
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 11:40 AM
WE HAD AN ALL WOOD FLOOR ON THE PAST BOATS THAT WAS DAMAGED WITH SPOTS AND BUILDUP FROM STEWS USING THE WRONG THINGS. WE FINALLY GOT A BONA, WHICH IS AWESOME. HOPEFULLY YOU ARE IN THE STATES. FOR CLEANING THERE SHOULD NEVER BE ANY CLEANING PRODUCTS OTHER THAN: ALCOHOL AND WATER SOAP AND WATER (IVORY OR BABY SHAMPOO) VINEGAR AND WATER *NEVER USE VINEGAR ON STONE, GRANITE, MARBLE COUNTERS * DON'T USE ALCHOL ON VARNISHED WOODS GOOD LUCK!
Henning
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 1:23 PM

Clean and polish all shiny and vinyl surfaces with Collenite Insulator Wax. Easy on an off, removes and resists finger prints and smears. Easiest way to clean and polish glass, mirrors and varnish. Use a damp applicator pad and microfiber towels to polish it off.

junior
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 2:15 PM

If the boat is in good shape...the crew hasnt yet had a chance to destroy the interior surfaces...you should be able to wipe everything clean with very mild cleaners. Vinegar in warm water or "Pronto " vegetable oil soap in warm water works for 90 percent of cleaning.. Stronger cleaners for galley or bathrooms should not be used on other interior surfaces. Ammonia and alcohol products are very aggressive on fine painted surfaces. Never use any abrasives. If you come across a surface that has problem spots, ask for advice. I once had a new stewardess try to clean the MARBLE effect off a plastic Corian counter top with a 3m abrasive pads. Bad, Bad news. Always ask for advice when things are not clear.

Average 0 out of 5