Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
deck rating certificate
garciayounes
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:49 AM

Hi I got my certificate from a yachting school in november ( deck) , actually i am working in a cruise line , is the seadays counts for this certificate? apparantly i have to send original docs , but it takes 28 days to have them back, how am i suppose to look for a job without the certificates ? many thanks for youir help? can i do the limited course while waiting for the mca deck certificate to arrive?
Henning
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:13 AM

Exactly what certificates do you hold?
Scott Dillon
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:28 AM

Hi, I am interested to know if you are working on a cruise ship before working onboard a yacht, or if you a working on a yacht and then working on a cruise ship? I am thinking about moving from yachts to cruise and hold MCA 300GT. Any advice is helpful
garciayounes
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:41 AM

hi, i want to move from cruise to yachts, new to industry , actually i am in the beverage dep and i did my deck rating in Durban ( iyt) .

Average 0 out of 5