Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Crew-GrapeVine Crew House in Antibes - Anyone Stayed Here?
Shelley
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:01 PM

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has stayed in the crewgrapevine crew house in Antibes (portside)?

I'm just interested to see what the consensus is?

Thanks for your thoughts

Cosreba
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:06 AM

Both the Crew Grapevine's are great places to stay. Always a nice atmosphere and very well run.

Shelley
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:25 AM

Excellent! Thanks for your feedback. The website looks really flash, but you never do know until you hear it from somebody who has actually been. I'm looking forward to it.

Anybody else out there going to be here around mid March?

willmitch
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:37 PM

Hi there, I am actually currently sitting on the Grapevine Crew House terrace. Its such a nice place, with lots of really cool people. definitely recommend it!!
Shelley
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:14 PM

Oh wow haha! Thanks for that. I am heading down that way in March if not before, is there already a bit going on there? Looks like a perfect spot right by the Port. Let me know if there are any good bars you can recommend!
willmitch
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:49 PM

yeah i have heard there are a few jobs going. Just as a person that is staying hear i would try and tell the crew house well in advance that you might come down. and im still exploring so im sure there are some sweet bars about.
Cosreba
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:35 PM

Heading out around mid March as well 

You will soon find your way around the bars, is this your first season?

Shelley
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 10:56 AM

Oh cool - its my first season in the Med so looking forward to it. I had a look around the area last year and decided to get down there for the next season. See ya there! Are you staying at the crewhouse then?
Steven.Hall
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 2:57 PM

I'm booked in for Grapevine at the end of March looking for some daywork and hopefully full time position. This will be my first season too. Will be good to meet new people and networking.  See you all there in March
Pauly
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2012 8:44 PM

Likewise - see ya March!
Sabrina
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:19 AM

The Crew Grapevine is the definitely the place to come! Jenn and Jason have created place where yachties (as well as travelers) can not only crash at the end of a day of agencies and dockwaling but a community to network, create lasting connections.
Radu
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:57 PM

Hi everyone! I've been staying at the Crew Grapevine for a while now. It is so much more than I expected... One can see that the owners, Jenn and Jason, put a lot of heart into running the houses. People are great, many of them friends now. I definitely recommend it, but as Will said, you should reserve in advance.
lucyp
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:15 PM

Hey! I was lucky enough to stay at the Grapevine last season for about 2 months...It was great fun as they have boards for jobs, free internet AND printing (a rarity when it comes to other crewhouses), rooftop bbqs, great facilities and awesome owners. Jenn and Jason are both from the industry so can give you all the help and advice you need. I am going back to stay in Feb and I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else! Everyone who stays in Grapevine are awesome and I met some great friends in those 2 months who I am still in contact with So in answer to your question: Yes, this place is a brilliant place to stay and don't even think of checking in anywhere else!! Maybe see some of you down there!
Megan Roberts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 6:20 AM

I've stayed in a few crew houses and the Grapevine was definitely my favourite. It's very homely and i've made some great friends by staying there.
Rachel Elizabeth Bull
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 10:57 AM

I stayed in the grapevine in October and had an amazing time. It has a real homely charm, run by a lovely family and I met some great people, very close to everything too. Would 100% recommend.
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:13 AM
Yeah from what I heard Grapevine is the best although as a newbie duly note money in antibes runs out fast so flat share is always a good idea if you're short on cash. (or the campervans in biot if you're dirt poor ) As for bars Antibes: Blue Lady (and theres a new one opened next door to it, below the glamorgan) Hop Store Bar du port etc etc Really all the 'nightlife' is right next to each other near the port Places like Cannes have some good bars too The Quays + Morrisons etc and are fairly yachtie. It wont take long to get to grips Just be sure to spread your dock walking wide and far as theres loads of ports everywhere never know where you'll find the work. and best of luck.
CMCarrick
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 6:23 PM

"There's no place like home" Dorothy said and that's exactly how the grapevine feels.
anthony pascoe
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 6:34 PM

GrapeVine is the pick
Miss Mayena
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:26 PM

Yep... Grapevine is the place I will stay whenever I am in Antibes.. Very homely and great way to make new friends and network within the yachting industry.
Hazel
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:54 PM

Hey!! I stayed at the Grapevine in september/october time and absolutely loved it!! Felt very at home there and met lots of lovely people I would really recommend it!! Close to the port, crew agencies, bars, shops etc and the owners Jenn and Jason are lovely and really helpful too!! xxx
Geert
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:29 PM

Hey, I've stayed at grapevine from July until october and had a blast! It was an amazing time and I met a lot of really nice people, most of them have become friends.. Jenn and Jason really take a personal interest in everyone coming into the house, and help them out with cv's and jobs! The atmosphere in the grapevine is great, always cosy and great fun with the other yachting and travellers..
bdollo
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:11 PM

Hi Guys, Great thread Shelley, was just about to post a similar one on here. Myself and some friends are arriving in Antibes on the 29th Feb from Australia and looking to stay here while looking for work in our first season! Hope to catch up with you all soon! Cheers Ben
izzy
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:47 AM

Wow such a good response about the Grapevine, Think I will be staying there! I will be over there 6th April if you are still there!
bdollo
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:40 AM

Good luck izzy... I contacted the Grapevine last week and they were already booked out for march... :/ Will be looking for other options later this week. L8rs Ben
Gosia
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:36 PM

Hey there!!! Hmmm I would not call GrapeVine a crew house- its more like home I spend over a month i there and its absolutely perfect place to stay especially if you are looking for work or having yacht courses or just visiting Antibes!! Jen and Jason look after everyone really well and their managers Marketa and Leslie always make sure house is clean and cosy ! I love that place and always visit is if i have a chance !

Average 5 out of 5