Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
B1/B2 visa ok for St Maarten?
janeweare
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:52 PM

Hi everyone. I have been googling, and calling around, and no one seems to know whats going on. I heard recently that for me, travelling on a South African passport, a B1/B2 is now accepted. I will be flying in and joining a yacht. What has anyone heard? Thanks for any help.. Jane
Henning
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:52 PM

janeweare wrote:
Hi everyone. I have been googling, and calling around, and no one seems to know whats going on. I heard recently that for me, travelling on a South African passport, a B1/B2 is now accepted. I will be flying in and joining a yacht. What has anyone heard? Thanks for any help.. Jane

??? What does a US visa have to do with St Maarten?

rodsteel
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:11 PM

Henning wrote:
...??? What does a US visa have to do with St Maarten?

Henning,

It seems St. Maarten now honors US visas for charter yacht crew entry:

http://www.yachtassistance.com/Visas.html

Private yacht crew still seems to require a Seaman's Book or St. Maarten Visa.

Rod

Henning
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:13 PM

rodsteel wrote:
Henning wrote:
...??? What does a US visa have to do with St Maarten?

Henning,

It seems St. Maarten now honors US visas for charter yacht crew entry:

http://www.yachtassistance.com/Visas.html

Private yacht crew still seems to require a Seaman's Book or St. Maarten Visa.

Rod

Wow! that's the first time I've seen something like that.

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:37 PM
Im currently in St Maarten on a SA passport, the last 3 yrs i applied for my visas in Miami, this year there was no need, i came in on the yacht and got stamped in, i do carry a seamans book and a B1/B2 visa.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:55 PM
A recent article in The Triton addressed this issue. My SA crew has multiple entry USA B1/B2 visa, crewbook (of Flagstate) and they are on my crewlist. This is totally acceptable now here in St Maarten. Alternatively there is also the option of having a shipsagent clearing the crew in provided you have a Seamans Book and is on a crewlist. No specific visa requirement. The cost for this is about $60.
janeweare
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:33 AM

thanks for all the help. Just to clarify with the previous post, I will be able to fly in, and sail away, if I am on the crew list, with a seamans book and B1B2 visa. sounds like thats my answer. Thanks again!

Average 0 out of 5