Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
punched holed passeport
garciayounes
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2011 8:04 PM

Hi , i just got my visa b1b2 but my passeport was expiring soon so i decided to changi it, when they change it they punch holed the passeport with the visa on it, is that really matter? i have only few days left here so i don t know how i can change it.
Anonymous
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 2:40 PM
I don't think it matters. You just have to carry the old passport with the current visa with you whenever you travel. It's a pain, but they did the same thing to me and it didn't cause any issues.

garciayounes
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 2:47 PM

really, i spoke to the us embassy today and told me its no go. but i heard btw the embassy and the immigration officer at the airport its completly different . anyway this is goo news , thanks mate.
Yacht Expedition
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 7:05 PM

Look online: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html It says it right there. "Unless previously canceled, a visa is valid until its expiration date. Therefore, if the traveler has a valid U.S. visa in an expired passport, do not remove the visa page from the expired passport. You may use it along with a new valid passport for travel and admission to the United States."
J08
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 10:30 PM

I have had an expired passport for the past 2 years with my current Visa in. I have gone in and out of the US about a dozen times with no issues.
garciayounes
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:34 AM

the problem is not the passeport , is the 2 holes on it
viennachef
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:18 AM

Legally the visa is invalid like the rest of the passport because of the wholes in it. In my case when receiving the new passport the visas in my old one were left intact but the rest of the pages are punched.
Markus
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:02 PM

[Comment removed by moderator.] Your visa is valid as it is. You just need to carry two passport whit you.

Average 0 out of 5