Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Day Working
Mike
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:41 AM

I just recently helped out on a private yacht as a day worker and absolutely loved it. I'm highly considering trying to find more day work in my area. I go to school but I'm surrounded by three different marinas, and I was told to just go to these marinas and dock walk to see if any other crews need help. I was just wondering if there is a certain way I should go about this, or if anyone has any tips about day working. I'm pretty new to this, so any advice is greatly appreciated.
junior
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:08 AM

Local students looking for daywork are always welcome on the yachts. Many times a young guy will cruise by the boat looking for weekend or after school work. I always have a million jobs to get done,. BUT...first I must know your skills and reliability...THEN , since I cant let you work unsupervised , I must work every weekend for the rest of my life. Bummer... I suggest that when looking for after school daywork , YOU PROPOSE THE WORK that you can get done with little supervision and on your own time. Every yacht needs a young guy to cruise by on Saturday and wash the oily, exhaust and harbour muck soiled waterline...every yacht needs a young guy to spend the weekend with a tube of metal polish and a rag working over the stainless steel. Start with these simple jobs, then once you work into the yachts program , other after school tasks will arise.

Average 0 out of 5