Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
visa b1 b2 question,
garciayounes
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:30 PM

hi , i got my appoitment for my visa b1b2 , , the think is , i work in a cruise line and i am due back in december and i intend to go back, i ll finish around april 2 th, in Lisbone , then straight to Antibes , look for work as deckhand / stew ( first time do) , i am not planning to use my visato go straight to the Us to look for a job , i would like to find one in Antibes for long term, if i say that to the embassy , do they gonna give me the visa? ( i am spanish citizen ) or should i invent some bullshit.??? i am applyng in Durban for the b1b2 visa . Thanks guys.
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:02 PM
If you not planning on going to America to look for job, then why do you need a B1/B2 visa ib the first place? Best to stay in Antibes. No jobs in US, or do yo not watch news?
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:16 AM
Regardless you looking for a job in Antibes. The crew agencies' two typical questions, regardless of their location, would be if you hold your basic safety courses and your B1/B2 visa. You are right in wanting to obtain that visa, even if you are looking for work in Antibes as the job vacancies are more likely to be on board yachts that do the Mediterranean and the Caribbean with usual stop in Fort Lauderdale, few others on board yachts based in the Mediterranean, not needing this visa. Print out at least two crew agencies registration form. There is usually a check-box asking if you hold a B1/B2 visa. Explain the immigration officer of your need of this visa supporting your request by showing two of this crew agencies form. If you have a seaman's discharge book, use it among the documents you show to the officer, if not, get a letter from the cruise ship or something that states that you are a seaman. The officer may want to issue you a C1 visa (for seamen), but feel free to request the B1/B2 if you have this print-out form to show why do you need this precise B1/B2 visa, as it is the one requested by yacht crew recruiters.

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:51 AM
Usually, an office of the US embassy will only issue a new B1/ B2 visa when you have a contract or letter of appointment from a vessel. If you are not employed yet but want the visa to help look for work then the embassy will probably reject your application or hold it over until you have employment and are able to provide "the letter". Anyhow, that's my experience as a Captain of 30 years so good luck and maybe we'll see you out there.
garciayounes
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:36 PM

thank you gents for the replys, for the certificates , i am starting the courses in 2 weeks ( icc) in Durban, i ll try the agencies trick, + letter employment from seabourn ( actual employer). Btw , i watch the news ,i have been travelling the around ( land ) and never found any issues to find a job. there is always possibilities for the one who looks further.

Average 3 out of 5