Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Where to go & what to do??
s-holman
Posted: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:55 PM

Hi Guys Long story short, I spent time in 200 looking for work as a deckie, unfortunately It didnt last long and i resorted to deliveries before returning home. I'm dead keen on giving things another chance. Currently working in a marine chandlery back home as i come from a sailing backround. Where do you guys recommend i go in October/ I have an irish passport and unfortunately i dont have enough financial back to get to the states as well as time to try con my way into a B1B2 visa? thanks Shaun
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:25 PM
Fort Lauderdale or the Caribbean are in season at the moment. If you can't get down there spend some time registereing with all the agencies, each one can take ages as you may already know.... then save some money and get down to Antibes... My experience of the last season there is that the season begins slowly in March and builds up until it is full steam ahead July and Aug. Sep is slow down and after the Monaco boat show there is very little happening. Regarding Daywork.. there really wasn't much going around until June/July... Come mid July there was more work than people... so if cash is a big issue go down later but remember the later you get down there the harder it will be to get a full time job as the daywork going mid season is generally for charter boats doing turnarounds that are fuly crewed... that said things are always happening on boats and there is always a boat somewhere looking..Good Luck

Average 0 out of 5