Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
MEOL/ Y4 Material
gareth.griggs
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:36 PM

I am seeking some reading/study material pre my engineering exams. Can anyone suggest or reccomend any books/totorials/sites etc that cover all engineering aspects, and possibly the best palces to find and purchase such material. Thanks
Dean
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 10:54 PM

Try looking for Reeds Marine Engineering series books, I've found them to be pretty useful.
Trig
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:51 PM

Try the books you can buy from;

http://www.marinediesels.info/

These might be a bit too much for the MEOL/Y4 exams, i'm not sure what is required for you in them. I'm using them for my merchant navy engineering cadetship. They are very good and you cant get them anywhere else.

BIGYELLOWDUMPERTRUCK
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 5:44 PM

BH marine engineering series are quite good. They have different books for different areas i.e. general engineering, electrical, diesel etc. Have a look at www.marineengineering.us It is a website I have recently started for people exactly like yourself at the level of MEOL/Y4/engine cadets. It is still in the early stages but so far it includes things like marine diesels, ISM, MARPOL, etc. It is still a work in progress but if you have a look please drop me a line on the contact link and let me know what you think. Even if you think something should be added, let me know and I will see what I can do. Cheers
rodsteel
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 6:54 PM

Gareth,

This may be a useful thread:

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/licensing-education/13911-y4-pre-study-material.html

Rod

Faisal
Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2011 9:18 AM

I have all the books you need for all levels(Y4 to Y1) in electronic format, I did my Y2 and Y1 with this books and i find it very clear and direct, pluse i have a fantastic software that is called Cobalt. and i tell you now mate its the way to go, also I can show you how to make a time plan to study in a tight time frame.

If you want me to teach you a bit I can do for free, I live Between Genova and Antibes.

All the best.
contact me and will be happy to help.

gareth.griggs
Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2011 5:10 PM

thank you all for the replies, i have found them all very usefull. Much appreciated. 'BYDT' i had a look at your site, i can clearly see its potential when its complete. I will most definatly refer to it in the future. Faisal i'd like to get those ebooks onto my computer, they may be too comprehensive regarding literature for Y3 Y2 & Y1 but will most certainly be of use in the future.
Richard
Posted: Monday, August 8, 2011 9:04 PM

Hi Faisal Are you able to send me the electronic copies of all your notes? It would be very useful!!! Thanks very much Richard
Jimmy
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 2:38 AM

Hi Faisal, I am getting ready for my meol/Y4 those E-books you said you have sound really helpful. Would you be able to send them through to me??
lpstein
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:31 AM

I recommend reviewing all the material now. It's not that complex. Most of it is stuff you should already know and it covers a lot of safety. Ask any licensed engineer for a USB copy we all have it. Good luck!

Average 0 out of 5