Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
FREE Weekly Talks for New Crew in Antibes
The Crew Coach
Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:26 PM

Judging by what the crew agents are telling me and the growing buzz in town, the streets of Antibes are filling fast with new crew looking to get their first big break in yachting. If that's you (or will be soon!) then make sure you get to one of my free talks, held every Monday at 5pm at a central location in Antibes old town. To check the talk venue each Monday see my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/thecrewcoach for confirmation. Packed with inside industry info, job hunting tips and some essential guidelines drawn from my 12+ years of yachting experience, this talk will give you a solid foundation and understanding of what it takes to get selected for your first crew job and begin a successful yachting career. Looking forward to seeing you there! Cheers, Alison Rentoul The Crew Coach www.thecrewcoach.com
The Crew Coach
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 10:36 AM

Hi all, as you know the Med season is getting underway but from what I hear and see there are still a lot of new people around Antibes looking for work. If you haven't yet been to my free talk come along tonight and find out the essential info that could easily make the difference between you getting a job or going home. Looking forward to seeing you there!
The Crew Coach
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:46 AM

Thanks to everyone who came along to my pre-season series of free talks for newbies entering the industry. It has been a great pleasure to meet so many genuine and enthusiastic people and I'm sure you will go on to have long and successful yachting careers. I will be starting a new series of talks in September for the returning crew about what to do now you have a season under your belt, and will keep you posted about those closer to the time. In the meantime I am of course still available to everyone for private coaching and onboard workshops, so don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like to fine tune your performance to be the best you can be! Wishing you all a wonderfully successful season! Alison Rentoul, The Crew Coach
The Crew Coach
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:32 AM

Hi all, just to let you know my free talks are currently being held on request at the various crew houses in and around Antibes. If you are staying in Antibes and have a group of 10 or more people who would like some inside industry hints and tips about what to do next don't hesitate to get in touch at info@thecrewcoach.com. I am also preparing to send out my next free newsletter which will be all about knowing when it's time to pull the plug on the Med if you are job hunting at this time of year, so if you haven't already, make sure you sign up for this on my website, www.thecrewcoach.com
bdollo
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:08 AM

Hi Alison, Just wondering if you have any free crew talk sessions organised for the coming months in Antibes? Myself and a friend will be arriving in Antibes on the 29th of February. This will be our first season and we are looking for all the information we can get our heads around to make it a successful one. Cheers Ben
The Crew Coach
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:33 AM

Hi Ben, I'll be starting the public weekly free talks around mid March (maybe a bit earlier if there are crowds here sooner). As you're arriving before that, if you are staying in one of the crew houses and there's a group of you interested in having me come to the house I'm more than happy to do that - just speak to the house manager or drop me a line and we'll arrange it. In the meantime you can find lots of useful info on my website and don't forget to look at my free map here: http://g.co/maps/2h6ux All the best, Alison
The Crew Coach
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:14 AM

Hi everyone, just a quick note to say that my FREE weekly talks are on again now, every Monday at 5pm at The Quays Irish bar in Antibes - check out my handy map for location : http://g.co/maps/2h6ux . It's great to see so many people here this year but of course that makes for stiffer competition for all of you trying to break into the industry. Make sure you get down to one of my talks and I'll give you all the inside industry information you need to gain the edge over your competition and get your first job fast! Hope to see you there soon :-D

Average 0 out of 5