Welcome to the Dockwalk.com Forum

In order to post a comment in one of the forum topics, you must log in or sign up. Your display name will appear next to your posts unless you check the Post Anonymously box. When writing a post, please follow our forum guidelines. If you come across a post that you would like us to review, use the Report Post button. Please note the opinions shared in the forums do not necessarily reflect the views of Dockwalk.

RSS Feed Print
Killers found in SXM
juanita
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:00 AM

http://www.sxmislandtime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14262:police-solve-three-murders-suspects-confess&catid=31:general&Itemid=76

To quash rumour and suspisions, the murderers of Cheetah Moon's chef brought to justice.. R.I.P Ludo.

Janine
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:52 PM

According to a statement made on Monday, April 18, St. Maarten police have successfully apprehended three suspects thought to have committed at least five violent and/or fatal crimes that took place on the island from February 26 to March 4, 2011.

Police arrested three Dominican-born men, ages 20, 28 and 31, on April 7. These men are considered the main suspects not only in the case of Chef Ludovic Guillevin of M/Y Cheetah Moon, but also in two other murders, a rape and two violent burglaries.

Police believe that the suspects operated a gypsy taxi in order to abduct their victims, who sometimes were forced into the car if they did not cooperate. They were “ill-treated” in the car, then taken to a deserted location where the suspects robbed and sometimes tortured and raped their victims.

“We have reason to believe that these suspects are responsible for more violent crimes on Sint Maarten. We therefore call upon everyone who has become the victim of a violent robbery or rape and has not yet filed a complaint at the police station to do so. It also is possible to call the special phone number 542-2222/542-2741/581-3781 to contact the police, either as a victim or if you have any information that could assist the investigation.”

The police would like the apprehension of these suspects to serve as a warning to all those who intend to commit crimes on the island that it will not be tolerated and they will be caught and prosecuted.

Capt Edward P
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:10 AM

Excellent stuff - this shows that the people are general low life and once you start to get a string of offences police more or less start to find evidence as they go along...presumably DNA fingerprinting will be taken - hopefully the courts will act sensibly and not let them off or give a ridiculously short sentence. Yours 'aye Capt Ed
Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:50 AM
They should all be hung for this brutal murder. Hang em high from sunset bar rafters to be seen as an example of justice being done.
Matt
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:22 PM

They just should have it back, walking the plank. Ain'nt no sharks around?
Anna
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:35 PM

I hope they got the right guys, but let's not forget, innocent until proven guilty... the police have a lot of pressure on them to find someone so let's hope they got the right ones!
Chef Brandon Weiler
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:41 PM

I met Ludovic at Jimbo's this season and we had a few chef to chef type conversations. I was shocked when I read about this whole thing and felt bad that some would believe he was looking for drugs or a funhouse, shame on you all. He was the most friendly French chef I have ever spoken with and had the universal respect of those he met. Condolences to his friends and family it was a privilege to have met him.
Chief Eng.
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:33 AM

After the murder the SXM authorities said that they would beef up security. Add walking policemen and guards with dogs around the Palapa, Isle del Sol area. I’m at Palapa right now and have been here for 2 weeks. I have so far seen zip zilch nada nothing as far as presence of guards/police on the streets. Just empty talks. On another note, for those of you that have seen the YouTube movie of the swimming thief. It looks like he’s got a knife in his hand. I can now tell that it is a tire iron. He got spooked on our boat last night and left it behind. There are marks on the door of the wheel house where he tried to pry it open. He did however managed to swim off with a VHF, binoculars and the Captains sun glasses.

Average 3.5 out of 5